SASS Wire Forum

A Million Ways to Die in the West

Buckshot Bear

There was a TV show once called a million ways to die.  One episode showed a guy replaced the lead in a shotgun shell with 3 cigarettes,  hoping his buddy could fire them and he'd catch them with his mouth.  

Since there wasn't any rifling the group spread.  One imbedded itself into his forehead.   One of the million.   

My favorite was this girl didn't want to smoke on her date with a new man.  So she covered body under her clothes with nicorrette patches.  The show showed her covered with sticky notes which made it even funnier.  As the date progresses to her apartment,  and heavy sex, the adrenaline from 30 days worth of nicorrette patches and sex caused a heart attack and she was another one of the million ways.

It was kinda funny, won't ever watch it again. Charlize Theron is always fun to watch!:wub:

Just watched the trailer.

That odd braying sound in the distance is me, laughing ...

I watched the first 10 or 15 minutes or so, and I was about to turn it off. It wasn't a bad movie so much as it wasn't a good movie.

But as I'm reaching for the remote, the girl showed up. And after that, it was funny.

It wasn't that the girl was an outstanding comedic actor. I don't believe I said that. She's not an actor. She's an actress. But anyhow, she's not an outstanding comedic actress. It was like they had two different screenwriters. The guy that wrote the first part of the movie couldn't write funny. And the guy that wrote the part from where she showed up to the end of the movie - he could write funny.

The last part of it was hilarious.

I wonder if they got Sarah Silverman to play the part of the Christian prostitute who would not have sex with her fiance because they were not married yet, because they thought a Jew playing the part of a Christian prostitute would be funnier, or they couldn't find a Christian that was willing to do it? I remember reading where Shelley Long almost did not take the part in Night Shift because her character was a prostitute.

Hmmmmm. The things you think about.

I have to +1 this movie. The play on the tropes of the old westerns from the view point of a random bystander is pretty well done. I also agree with Alpo, the movie got funnier as it continued.

Archived