SASS Wire Forum

S&W moves to a gun friendly state

Buckshot Bob

State government bs is what caused Magpul to relocate fro Colorado to Texas a few years ago.

750+ jobs and millions in potential tax revenue leaving Mass.!

Serves ‘em right!!

3 hours ago, Yellowhouse Sam # 25171 said:

I'm sure they'll more than make up for it green jobs!;)

And I'm sure that there are now 750 workers in and around Springfield, one of the more economically depressed areas in MA, who have absolutely no idea where they are going to find an equivalent job.  Not much carry over between gun machine shops and "green energy", and I don't know of any current proposals to build a kind of industry in the area that could absorb these folks.

Come the next State legislature elections, I hope these folks remember who actually took their jobs away.  But they probably won't.  There will be ranting against the ravenous capitalists (that has started already, with claims in the paper today that S&W's decision was driven by greed) and finger pointing at the evil lords of death; but in the end, it will be forgotten by all except the families of the workers, who will see their bread earners reduced to minimum wage workers or the long-term unemployed.

LL

4 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

There will be ranting against the ravenous capitalists (that has started already, with claims in the paper today that S&W's decision was driven by greed) and finger pointing at the evil lords of death; 

LL

It always cracks me up when the media or politicians accuse anyone of greed . Not many are more greedy and corrupt than they are 

I would think many of those 750 S&W workers would be sorely tempted to relocate with the company.
Family and uncertainty tends to keep them there, but the loss of reliable income is quite a motivator.

1 hour ago, bgavin said:

I would think many of those 750 S&W workers would be sorely tempted to relocate with the company.
Family and uncertainty tends to keep them there, but the loss of reliable income is quite a motivator.

I would think so also . But when you’ve built a life in a area and all of your family lives there it’s hard to leave. Although I’ve seen the opposite where the family leaves a state and everyone keeps following. I’ve known allot of people from Mi , who have moved to Tx , Fl and Az . Mi is allot like Illinois where one county controls the whole state with the rest of the state being fairly conservative . Our gun laws actually aren’t bad but our current governor stinks 

That is the case for my bride and me here in CA.
We don't have all that many years left...
I'm not enamored of moving 1600 miles then dropping dead on her.

However, I am not driven by employment needs.
My brides parents picked up and left the family home in PA and moved to metro Buffalo, following the work.

2 hours ago, Cumberland Mtn John SASS#40593 said:

They are only moving their HQs not the rifle production or other production facilities in the near future.

CMJ

You gotta start somewhere. I would guess AR’s would be the first production item they would move seeing the state their in now is trying to make it illegal for them to produce them . I would guess the state is probably not all that enthused with their new shotgun either 

Archived