SASS Wire Forum

Why I like pineapple on pizza

Trigger Mike

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/30/2021 at 1:17 AM, Trigger Mike said:

I saw the meme thread with a meme complaining about pineapple on pizza.  Even most of my children think it is gross to put pineapple on pizza.  

Personally I think it adds an additional element of nutrients .  Pizza is already the perfect food as it contains all 4 food groups unless you are psychotic and go vegan.  

It has the bread and cereal group as the crust.  You can even get thin crust if you are diabetic.   It has the tomato sauce from the fruit and vegetable group, which a pineapple adds even more of.  It has cheese from the dairy group and pepperoni or sausage or other meat for the meat group.  It's just plain perfect.  

Pineapple also adds a balance to the acidic tomato sauce.  

AND, in the Era of the china virus,  pineapple is a good solution for a cough.  That and putting your head over boiling water kills the virus .  So, breath in the steam in between pizza slices and live long and prosper.

.... betcha didn't expect this to go to page 3 ......:)

.................. or was that your intention all along ....   :huh:

7 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

.... betcha didn't expect this to go to page 3 ......:)

.................. or was that your intention all along ....   :huh:

Sure never did.   Most of my post do good with 2 or 3 replies.  Folks must be passionate about it. 

I wonder why they call it a beetroot?

To the best of my understanding, it is simply a beet. Fairly large, spherical, slightly sweet, reddish purple root vegetable. I've never heard of a carrot root, or a turnip root, or a rutabaga root, or a radish root. They're just a carrot or turnip or a rutabaga or a radish. So why do they call a beet a beetroot?

Some more thoughts. I have been eating beets my entire life. They're very good. Then one day my wife bought some pickled beets. They were nasty as hell. Maybe the only ones that Wallaby has tried are the pickled variety.

And why would anyone put one on a hamburger? Of course, when you get right down to it, why would anyone put a tomato or an onion on a hamburger? And are they raw or cooked when they're put on the hamburger?

Get some diced beets and mix them with chopped cabbage. This is a Puerto Rican salad, and is very good. I was surprised how well beets go with cabbage.

21 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Then one day my wife bought some pickled beets. They were nasty as hell.

HEATHEN!  Pickled beets are sublime!  
Hmmm...
Come to think of it, other than okra I can't think of a pickled vegetable I don't like.  Okra is an abomination and should be relegated to the uttermost depths of Hell.

In my humble, unbiased opinion.  

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

I wonder why they call it a beetroot?

To the best of my understanding, it is simply a beet. Fairly large, spherical, slightly sweet, reddish purple root vegetable. I've never heard of a carrot root, or a turnip root, or a rutabaga root, or a radish root. They're just a carrot or turnip or a rutabaga or a radish. So why do they call a beet a beetroot?

In some countries the only part of a beet that is eaten are the leaves. Other countries only the root is eaten. Still others eat the entire plant.

Likely the Aussies call it beetroot to differentiate between the leaves and the root.

Archived