SASS Wire Forum

Why I like pineapple on pizza

Trigger Mike

I saw the meme thread with a meme complaining about pineapple on pizza.  Even most of my children think it is gross to put pineapple on pizza.  

Personally I think it adds an additional element of nutrients .  Pizza is already the perfect food as it contains all 4 food groups unless you are psychotic and go vegan.  

It has the bread and cereal group as the crust.  You can even get thin crust if you are diabetic.   It has the tomato sauce from the fruit and vegetable group, which a pineapple adds even more of.  It has cheese from the dairy group and pepperoni or sausage or other meat for the meat group.  It's just plain perfect.  

Pineapple also adds a balance to the acidic tomato sauce.  

AND, in the Era of the china virus,  pineapple is a good solution for a cough.  That and putting your head over boiling water kills the virus .  So, breath in the steam in between pizza slices and live long and prosper.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Trigger Mike said:

I saw the meme thread with a meme complaining about pineapple on pizza.  Even most of my children think it is gross to put pineapple on pizza.  

Personally I think it adds an additional element of nutrients .  Pizza is already the perfect food as it contains all 4 food groups unless you are psychotic and go vegan.  

It has the bread and cereal group as the crust.  You can even get thin crust if you are diabetic.   It has the tomato sauce from the fruit and vegetable group, which a pineapple adds even more of.  It has cheese from the dairy group and pepperoni or sausage or other meat for the meat group.  It's just plain perfect.  

AND, in the Era of the china virus,  pineapple is a good solution for a cough.  That and putting your head over boiling water kills the virus .  So, breath in the steam in between pizza slices and live long and prosper.

So you don't have to share is real reason 

Glad you like it. But for me it doesn’t overcome the acidic properties of tomatoes. Actually it has its own acidic value that sets my stomach off. Try having upside down cake for desert. Never understood people that want sweet on meat. Go figure. We all have our own tastes. Good on you, hey try adding anchovies to offset the pineapple lol

22 minutes ago, Tennessee Trapper Tom said:

Never understood people that want sweet on meat.

You mean like sauerbraten?  Or sweet and sour pork?  Or honey glazed ham?

22 minutes ago, Tennessee Trapper Tom said:

Good on you, hey try adding anchovies to offset the pineapple l

I tried it.  Didn't work for me.  But anchovies, black olives (especially kalamatas), green onions, feta cheese, and spinach works well.

17 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS :P

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO F$@!?;@ WAY!!

My thinking is if you don’t like it, then don’t eat it. If what someone else eats causes you that much butthurt, perhaps you should reevaluate your life’s priorities.

4 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr, SASS #14478 Life said:

I love this and it would happen in my family !!:P

8 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

A pizza is not supposed to be a fruit salad.

Tomatoes, olives and peppers are all fruits, so let me know how that works out for you!:P

"Botanically, fruits contain seeds and come from the flower of a plant, while the rest of the plant is considered a vegetable. In cooking, fruits are considered to be sweet while vegetables are more savory.  In 1893, the US Supreme Court actually ruled that tomatoes should be classified as vegetables rather than fruits under US customs regulations.  Botanically speaking, tomatoes fit the definition of a fruit. However, they’re still commonly referred to as vegetables because of their flavor profile."

We be talking about cooking a pizza not botanizing it.  Everyone knows a jalapeno pepper ain't no fruit.  Fruits be apples, oranges and pineapple.:P  So it works fine for me.  So in cooking a pizza I don'ts want no fruit on it.

5 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

I like it too. Adds anther dimension to the group of flavors that are there.  

21 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

"Botanically, fruits contain seeds and come from the flower of a plant, while the rest of the plant is considered a vegetable. In cooking, fruits are considered to be sweet while vegetables are more savory.  In 1893, the US Supreme Court actually ruled that tomatoes should be classified as vegetables rather than fruits under US customs regulations.  Botanically speaking, tomatoes fit the definition of a fruit. However, they’re still commonly referred to as vegetables because of their flavor profile."

We be talking about cooking a pizza not botanizing it.  Everyone knows a jalapeno pepper ain't no fruit.  Fruits be apples, oranges and pineapple.:P  So it works fine for me.  So in cooking a pizza I don'ts want no fruit on it.

I believe I have just been out-pedanticed. Or would that be “pedanticked?”

I likes it with ham.

One of the best pizzas I have ever eaten was made with freshly sliced tomatoes and salami.

6 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

THIS ^^^ IMHO adding the pineapple to a meat, preferably Canadian bacon or ham, then the balancing of the bite of the tomato sauce, creates the perfect pie. YMMV :FlagAm:

3 hours ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

But....but.... it isn't Italian.

There is a local Italian restaurant that is "auth;entic" with an Italian owner and chef. They do not even serve pepperoni pizza!:(

20 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Getting thread drift.  This thread is about pizza.  Those are not pizza.

Thread drift. What an unusual occurrence here.:blink: 

42 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Loved bread toasted on one side and then buttered with a slice of ham, pineapple and cheese then under the grill as a kid (still do) and the grandchildren love them now!

1111.JPG.adb854b98619bc22b85170a23818222a.JPG

22222.JPG.e366aa4830bf4634837ed2d666093ec2.JPG

Those look good!  Thanks.

I might tend towards pineapple chunks, but those rings make a nice presentation.

Archived