SASS Wire Forum

The Aussie Humour Thread

Buckshot Bear

5 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

australia-weird-bizarre-things-601026fe26a15__700.jpg.98c08c0a58db40c2c967d77b546037c2.jpg

Three Emus walk into a bar. Or a petrol station. They’re both expensive!

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

..... only if they leave a "little something" on the driveway ........   :huh:

Never seen that, but do you want to trade for some Canada Geese, or Wild American Turkeys? Both notable poopers.  Who was the Aussie with the Emu arm puppet - years ago but still memorable?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Never seen that, but do you want to trade for some Canada Geese, or Wild American Turkeys? Both notable poopers.  Who was the Aussie with the Emu arm puppet - years ago but still memorable?

Muscovy ducks! :angry:

I can get a three piece with slaw and potatoes at Kentucky Fried for about six or seven dollars. But a pizza is going to cost at least 10. Pizza costs more here.

But your pizza box has a five in it, while your Kentucky Fried box has a 20. This implies that the chicken costs a whole lot more than the pizza.

Wh ile your link to the pizza site opened up - boy howdy that pizza is expensive there - the KFC site gave me a 403 forbidden, so I got no idea what it costs.

10 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I can get a three piece with slaw and potatoes at Kentucky Fried for about six or seven dollars. But a pizza is going to cost at least 10. Pizza costs more here.

But your pizza box has a five in it, while your Kentucky Fried box has a 20. This implies that the chicken costs a whole lot more than the pizza.

Wh ile your link to the pizza site opened up - boy howdy that pizza is expensive there - the KFC site gave me a 403 forbidden, so I got no idea what it costs.

Domino's is expensive.....'real' pizza from an Italian pizza place is even dearer (but much nicer).

Took some screenies for you -

1111.JPG.fa113f0838edcc6c93b80a04f4e947c5.JPG

2222.thumb.JPG.bb3a9c6b7f2f608b7dce5ab7be866970.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Just resonating on the Wife, for some years she was in direct contract with an Australian Opal mine. :rolleyes:

Just watched the last series on TV of 'Aussie Outback Opal Miner'.....those fella's work hard at getting that opal out of the ground.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Every hot food shop in Oz it seems now goes to put this on hot chips unless you specifically say "Whoaa there just plain salt please"

y5ry735e.JPG.ffcc78a38424c7f5e19fed11a7c33421.JPG

Vegetarian Chicken Salt???????

:P

• Confused 2

10 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Every hot food shop in Oz it seems now goes to put this on hot chips unless you specifically say "Whoaa there just plain salt please"

y5ry735e.JPG.ffcc78a38424c7f5e19fed11a7c33421.JPG

I feel your pain.

We have french fries

french-fries.jpg

Waffle fries

60288-1-1540.jpg

And curly fries.

curly-fries-2.jpg

They all taste pretty much the same, because they are all basically just fried potatoes.

Most of the fast food joints just put salt on the french fries. But the places that do waffle fries, and especially the places (Arby's) that do curly fries, seem to love using Lowry seasoned salt. Nasty.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Alpo said:

I feel your pain.

We have french fries

french-fries.jpg

Waffle fries

60288-1-1540.jpg

And curly fries.

curly-fries-2.jpg

They all taste pretty much the same, because they are all basically just fried potatoes.

Most of the fast food joints just put salt on the french fries. But the places that do waffle fries, and especially the places (Arby's) that do curly fries, seem to love using Lowry seasoned salt. Nasty.

Lowerys beats the "stuffing" out Chicken salt B)(or the evil Vegem... whose name must not be spoken!)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bear said:

The Aussie Lamington

1228149549_images(6).jpg.ceb273bdf80982ec647917ec71f5f5e9.jpg

46 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

1844443107_images(5).jpg.307115f5a25999af98f5639483da7799.jpg

This is the Aussie humour thread. Jokes about Oz.

I'll agree that that platypus seems to be a joke, but that picture of the cake made no sense. I had to look up a Lamington. It said it was an Australian cake covered in chocolate and rolled in dried coconut. And that's what the picture appeared to be - a cake coated in chocolate with dried coconut stuck in the frosting.

I don't get the humor in either one of those two posts. Or the humour.

They just appear to be pictures of normal Australian stuff. :wacko:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alpo said:

This is the Aussie humour thread. Jokes about Oz.

I'll agree that that platypus seems to be a joke, but that picture of the cake made no sense. I had to look up a Lamington. It said it was an Australian cake covered in chocolate and rolled in dried coconut. And that's what the picture appeared to be - a cake coated in chocolate with dried coconut stuck in the frosting.

I don't get the humor in either one of those two posts. Or the humour.

They just appear to be pictures of normal Australian stuff. :wacko:

The Good Lord had to have a sense of humor to create a venomous mashup of a duck, a mammal and a venomous critter and have it lay eggs!  https://www.britannica.com/animal/platypus

• Haha 2