SASS Wire Forum

The Aussie Humour Thread

Buckshot Bear

5 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Me either Wallaby, here's a Google result -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeta_(automobile)

I can't see why it failed, considering the size of Australia and it's vast interior .......  

........ and if you went shopping in it you'd have to have your groceries delivered because you wouldn't be able to take it home in the car with you ......   :blush:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Me either Wallaby, here's a Google result -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeta_(automobile)

<quote>

The Zeta Sedan, (also known as the Zeta Runabout) and Utility, were powered by a 324cc Villiers engine and were front wheel drive with independent rear trailing arms. The Sedan was not equipped with a rear hatch so access to the cargo area required removal of the front seats, the ease of which was advertised as a positive feature. The chassis was steel, with a fibreglass body enclosing a large but sparse interior. Windows were perspex except for the front windscreen which was laminated glass. The doors were steel with sliding perspex windows.

The tyres for the Sedan and Utility were Michelin 125 R12 as stated in the specifications. The four speed, dog clutch, Villiers Engineering gearbox had no reverse so the engine had to be switched off and started backwards which provide four reverse gears. Fuel was delivered by gravity feed from a tank behind the dashboard. The fuel gauge was a plastic pipe running from the top to the bottom of the tank with a graduated glass tube section on the dashboard. As a Wheels road test in 1974 put it: "it read anywhere from full to empty depending on gradient, throttle and probably Greenwich mean time".

The Utility was the rarest of the Zeta models with a total of only 8 produced.[3] A number were purchased by Sydney City Council's Hyde Park fleet.[1] The Utility was mechanically identical to the Sedan.[3]

<end quote>

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 5/14/2023 at 8:39 PM, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

well that be UGLY 

CB  :lol:

a matchbox , with wheels 

And yet it's still better looking than the Nissan Juke.

frame-10.0.jpg

True, that's not saying much but .....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

The old NSW Police cage truck 'Paddy Wagon' from the 1970's

347240363_982215269599572_5334136194957730060_n.jpg.a13097227aea1a58685ed5094cb0f481.jpg

My Irish relations, who were Transported are probably familiar with this conveyance, it they're anything like the ones here in Canada or whose still back around Kilkenny.

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

343770706_787641296359652_6562251981710115073_n.jpg.7762ab9f01f46159b79224266dab94fa.jpg

I once felt something moving in my hair, carefully found it and pulled it out, then looked to see what kind of bug it was on my finger...

A TICK! I reflexively flicked it away! Crap, this was into the carpet in my home!

Had a bit of trouble falling asleep for a few nights.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 2