SASS Wire Forum

The Aussie Humour Thread

Buckshot Bear

48 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Damn that would have been cool as a kid !!!!!!

It was :D

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Those vegemite glasses are long gone from supermarket shelves because there not 'tamper proof' (can you believe there is such a thing we have to be worried about

I was thinking about something similar just a little bit ago. I was opening a new bottle of pills. Used to be you took the lid off, then you pulled the wad of cotton out, then you got your pill. But now you take the child safety cap off and fight your way through the plastic aluminum safety seal.

I really hate that Tylenol killer guy. Not because he killed people. I didn't know those people, and even though I know this makes me a bad person, I don't really care about them. But because of him everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, has a safety seal on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/11/2023 at 8:55 PM, Alpo said:

I was thinking about something similar just a little bit ago. I was opening a new bottle of pills. Used to be you took the lid off, then you pulled the wad of cotton out, then you got your pill. But now you take the child safety cap off and fight your way through the plastic aluminum safety seal.

I really hate that Tylenol killer guy. Not because he killed people. I didn't know those people, and even though I know this makes me a bad person, I don't really care about them. But because of him everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, has a safety seal on it.

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

I hope they get there just desserts one day. 

Boo, hiss....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Four Aussie favs

325325479_1348275465955821_608878233901980466_n.jpg.5b318f576f0f4e6024c81f2b827f115b.jpg

1, OK, Vegemite on bread or toast, I get it. Never had it, but would be willing to try.

2. Is that a sausage, hot dog, or what kind of tube steak with ketchup (same kind that we use)? On a universal bun. It identifies as a bun for whatever meat is used.

3. Avocado toast. We love it in Texas, and loved it in Brussels with Belgian chocolate milk. Odd coupling, I know, but the avo toast was the cheapest thing on the menu at $11. I haven't put feta cheese on it, but I'll try it!

4. Sprinkles on marshmallow bread / toast? Looks fun, need details.

My Wife has been posting photos of me on Fbook, since I just earned another birthday candle, but all of the photos show me eating. The hot choc in Brussels, glühwein all over Germany, tacos all over Texas, chicken fried steak, all kinds of good stuff. So, it's neat to see the kinds of foods that other folks like. Thanks, Buckshot!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Brazos John said:

1, OK, Vegemite on bread or toast, I get it. Never had it, but would be willing to try.

2. Is that a sausage, hot dog, or what kind of tube steak with ketchup (same kind that we use)? On a universal bun. It identifies as a bun for whatever meat is used.

3. Avocado toast. We love it in Texas, and loved it in Brussels with Belgian chocolate milk. Odd coupling, I know, but the avo toast was the cheapest thing on the menu at $11. I haven't put feta cheese on it, but I'll try it!

4. Sprinkles on marshmallow bread / toast? Looks fun, need details.

My Wife has been posting photos of me on Fbook, since I just earned another birthday candle, but all of the photos show me eating. The hot choc in Brussels, glühwein all over Germany, tacos all over Texas, chicken fried steak, all kinds of good stuff. So, it's neat to see the kinds of foods that other folks like. Thanks, Buckshot!

Thanks for the post John!

Vegemite seems to be VERY polarizing, you either love the stuff or loath it. Being brought up from babies on the stuff Aussies are in the former.

2, is just a plain old banger (that's what we call a sausage here in Oz) on a slice of bread with tomato sauce (what yo guys call ketchup). 

3. Some Aussies have 'upmarketed' avo on toast and added Feta cheese....I like just plain smashed avo on my toast.

4. You would be hard pressed to go to a child's birthday party in Oz and there wasn't 'Fairy bread' on the table....white buttered bread sprinkled with hundreds and thousands.....and you will see adults partake in them to recapture their childhoods :) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy_bread

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4