SASS Wire Forum

The Aussie Humour Thread

Buckshot Bear

9 hours ago, Alpo said:

What's that between the tomato and the beets? Turkey breast? Tofu?

That's the un-cooked onions ..................... 

....... if you're really brave you could slide in a thick slice of ham ........ or even a nice pork chop ......  :wub:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

The biggest LEMON of all cars -

322473159_627023355848344_604390921909430130_n.jpg.7ffccb3c03f56cabed032c1254438d10.jpg

there is at least one P76 in my local environment ....... nice man ........

........... he still has it in running order because  ...................................................

.......................... he doesn't drive it at all.   :excl:

there is a particular weakness in the front end, and NO spares anywhere ......  :(

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

WJ 

a lot of the autos , y'all have down there kinda look like a mash up of different makers 

and seem to have a heavy AMC influence , more than a Ford/General Motors style 

Chickasaw 

BTW , close the cooler :lol:

LOL :)

Hey Bill....the Aussie auto industry is sadly now dead in the water.

After 98 years of making cars in Oz....Ford has stopped.

GMH Holden has also stopped producing any Aussie cars......all cars are now imported and politicians can't understand why there are no jobs!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

WJ 

a lot of the autos , y'all have down there kinda look like a mash up of different makers 

and seem to have a heavy AMC influence , more than a Ford/General Motors style 

Chickasaw 

BTW , close the cooler :lol:

5 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

LOL :)

Hey Bill....the Aussie auto industry is sadly now dead in the water.

After 98 years of making cars in Oz....Ford has stopped.

GMH Holden has also stopped producing any Aussie cars......all cars are now imported and politicians can't understand why there are no jobs!

that P76 was a Leyland Australia build ........ big enough to fit 2 fortyfour gallon drums in the boot (you know, the back end of the car) ..............

Leyland Aust. closed its' doors before most all the others did  ........  :(

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

52 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

These were popular.....they wouldn't be culturally acceptable now though probably

uiyrtrur.JPG.5336a3215504b04886f37225fd09f179.JPG

.................. I much preferred the "SunnyBoy" ........ they was orange flavoured .....  :)

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

How good were sunnyboys!

10464078_640952919328859_2941241313287813706_n.jpg

.... they was very, very good; ............

........... and when they was bad they was (almost) better .......  :)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bear said:

These were popular.....they wouldn't be culturally acceptable now though probably

uiyrtrur.JPG.5336a3215504b04886f37225fd09f179.JPG

"Cola flavored ice block"?

So that was kind of like a popsicle? A Coke flavored popsicle?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

323386410_1402749110262375_3913120427781322739_n.jpg.f601241315389f20a8432845c2892479.jpg

324578744_695105402248215_3592955510524087351_n.jpg.d0df74e18ddac50766526fe0470c0692.jpg

323873044_1167347754169510_5153390924611555450_n.jpg.73075bec6575d357cca2637408c4ea04.jpg

When they get stale you can use them for trap !!:lol:

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

utr6ur.JPG.4ebc87f147f4d2a379d974c3adbcdda5.JPG

Our breakfast cereal bowls were plastic margarine tubs.
The Deep Cut Tavern served beer in pint Mason jars.
I recall jelly jars in Grandma's cupboard, clear in the back ... auxiliary drinking glasses!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Our breakfast cereal bowls were plastic margarine tubs.
The Deep Cut Tavern served beer in pint Mason jars.
I recall jelly jars in Grandma's cupboard, clear in the back ... auxiliary drinking glasses!

Those vegemite glasses are long gone from supermarket shelves because there not 'tamper proof' (can you believe there is such a thing we have to be worried about).

Some jam brands used to come in jars that turned into glasses as well....they've gone as well.

How things have changed since we were kids huh? Even clothes....as a kid most of my clothes fit in a draw......now kids have walk in wardrobes!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

51 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Those vegemite glasses are long gone from supermarket shelves because there not 'tamper proof' (can you believe there is such a thing we have to be worried about).

Some jam brands used to come in jars that turned into glasses as well....they've gone as well.

How things have changed since we were kids huh? Even clothes....as a kid most of my clothes fit in a draw......now kids have walk in wardrobes!

Heck I am so old I remember drinking glasses packed as a promo in laundry detergent! Even record singles that you cut out of the back of a cereal box. Don’t remember the artist’s and they didn’t play worth beans but hey a free record is a free record. :)

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:
Gateway Kid

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Heck I am so old I remember drinking glasses packed as a promo in laundry detergent! Even record singles that you cut out of the back of a cereal box. Don’t remember the artist’s and they didn’t play worth beans but hey a free record is a free record. :)

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:
Gateway Kid

Damn that would have been cool as a kid !!!!!!

• Like 3

All the name brand jelly glasses were also drinking glasses when I was a boy.  At matinee movies in the early '50's they would give away dishes and glassware.  Gas stations would as well.  I can recall a few years when my parents were just starting out and those were what we used .

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Rip Snorter said:

All the name brand jelly glasses were also drinking glasses when I was a boy.  At matinee movies in the early '50's they would give away dishes and glassware.  Gas stations would as well.  I can recall a few years when my parents were just starting out and those were what we used .

And they reckon recycling is 'new' !!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4