SASS Wire Forum

The Aussie Humour Thread

Buckshot Bear

On 9/23/2022 at 10:18 PM, Buckshot Bear said:

Some folks over here play with buffaloes, too, but with different results!

I tried to find a reasonable video clip, but they all had too many ads and crap.  :angry:

Or they wanted me to sign in. I don't do that for trash sites like those.  :ph34r:

Sorry for deviating from humour.

Well, here's something funny.

Spellcheck underlined humour because it's misspelled!

Do y'all get the red underline if you spell it humor?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Brazos John said:

Some folks over here play with buffaloes, too, but with different results!

I tried to find a reasonable video clip, but they all had too many ads and crap.  :angry:

Or they wanted me to sign in. I don't do that for trash sites like those.  :ph34r:

Sorry for deviating from humour.

Well, here's something funny.

Spellcheck underlined humour because it's misspelled!

Do y'all get the red underline if you spell it humor?

If that Emu lands a blow it may open up his abdomen like a machete. 

Emus and Ostriches have sharp toe nails. 

• Like 2

Many years ago I determined Aussies are simply brothers and sisters from the other side of the world, and I've gotten along swimmingly with the ones I've had the good fortune to meet. See, I'm a native Floridian. We also have hundreds of biting, toothy, venomous creepy-crawlies. Sharks, 'gators, crocs, barracuda, stingray, rockfish, lionfish, jellyfish, snakes, spiders, feral pigs, cougars, bears, wasps, hornets, fleas, ticks, biting flies...heck, the mosquito is our state bird. We've vines and trees with huge thorns, poisonous plants galore, palms and grass with saw-teeth, Spanish bayonets, century plants, cacti, sandspurs, and quicksand. We like to fish and hunt (some with spears and knives!) and grill what we get. We like to offroad and we like to do burnouts in absurdly overpowered vehicles, many of which are not built with safety or aesthetics in mind. A day at the lake or coast with a bunch of friends is heaven. We often frequent odd little bars tucked away in swamps and out-of-the-way places. We appreciate strong women who like the outdoors and good beer. We are far from fond of heavy-handed government. And we even have bogans...we call 'em "crackers" (and I am one). Oh yeah, our language has just as much in common with "English" as the folks living in Oz. ;)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Noah Mercy, SASS #29066 said:

Many years ago I determined Aussies are simply brothers and sisters from the other side of the world, and I've gotten along swimmingly with the ones I've had the good fortune to meet. See, I'm a native Floridian. We also have hundreds of biting, toothy, venomous creepy-crawlies. Sharks, 'gators, crocs, barracuda, stingray, rockfish, lionfish, jellyfish, snakes, spiders, feral pigs, cougars, bears, wasps, hornets, fleas, ticks, biting flies...heck, the mosquito is our state bird. We've vines and trees with huge thorns, poisonous plants galore, palms and grass with saw-teeth, Spanish bayonets, century plants, cacti, sandspurs, and quicksand. We like to fish and hunt (some with spears and knives!) and grill what we get. We like to offroad and we like to do burnouts in absurdly overpowered vehicles, many of which are not built with safety or aesthetics in mind. A day at the lake or coast with a bunch of friends is heaven. We often frequent odd little bars tucked away in swamps and out-of-the-way places. We appreciate strong women who like the outdoors and good beer. We are far from fond of heavy-handed government. And we even have bogans...we call 'em "crackers" (and I am one). Oh yeah, our language has just as much in common with "English" as the folks living in Oz. ;)

Enjoyed reading that ..... thank you :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

305487701_5838763056154122_2260222859820759674_n.jpg.eb68216a604059e8243f4c21d105b21a.jpg

................that was ...............OMG !!!     39 years ago  :o

Edited by Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062
time adjustment
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/27/2022 at 7:15 PM, Buckshot Bear said:

226097801_10215618876224046_3097535220218810761_n.jpg.523ff2a6417a7c8f707e318e2da13ab6.jpg

On 9/27/2022 at 10:19 PM, Noah Mercy, SASS #29066 said:

... we like to do burnouts in absurdly overpowered vehicles ...

Here in Tennessee, we even have a road sign for that:

12e1cd49490549a860519bbd2d10baa0.jpg

And the cars to do them:

IMG_0014.thumb.jpeg.1f6b4f6bf33d24f5fecf902fb3117478.jpeg

IMG_2913.thumb.jpeg.75ad6edc2a460ab4ddb3bbcbbafeff0c.jpeg

Would like to see some muscle cars from Oz.

Edited by John Kloehr
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I know it's just what you're used to, but that orange car with the two racing stripes. The picture directly below it - the interior of the car, with the wheel and all the controls on the right hand side and the glove compartment on the left hand side. That just looks so damn weird. :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I know it's just what you're used to, but that orange car with the two racing stripes. The picture directly below it - the interior of the car, with the wheel and all the controls on the right hand side and the glove compartment on the left hand side. That just looks so damn weird. :lol:

No Alpo....it just looks RIGHT   :) :) :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You can't trust anything looking right to y'all. You drive on the wrong side of the car, on the wrong side of the street, upside down. I don't think your brains work correctly.

• Haha 5

When I was in the UK decades back, we were on the way to visit some major tourist site, can't recall which.  We had been up late partying and I dozed off in the left front seat.  I woke as we were pulling up on a tanker to pass. I went into a blur of motion, but the steering wheel and pedals were gone.  Great hilarity! Another, one of my cars at the time was standard shift rather than auto.  No concern about driving one in England.  Ha! Discovered that my left hand didn't know how to shift!

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

When I went to school, every kid in Australia got a bottle of milk every day, Can still remember in summer how hot that milk was!

307373471_5900348743329415_5275265573949917178_n.jpg.0787d97d922357dc3730b0c283dbe726.jpg

I remember that school milk :)

• Like 2