SASS Wire Forum

The Aussie Humour Thread

Buckshot Bear

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Do you need a tool to open it?

Nope just finger pressure, small one let the gas out and bigger one just pushes in and drink out of it.

Of course teenage boys shook the sh#T out of them and opened up the small one and used to try and skull drink them :) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Do you need a tool to open it?

3 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Nope just finger pressure, small one let the gas out and bigger one just pushes in and drink out of it.

..... like I said, ..... follow the instruction ........

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Alpo said:

A goat would make a better lawn mower. Would trim back that scrub brush around the trees.

Neat thing is Goats prefer weeds to good graze.  There used to be a service out her you could hire, they'd put a temporary electric fence around an area, drop a water tank and a small herd of goats.  Payment on completion.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Neat thing is Goats prefer weeds to good graze.  There used to be a service out her you could hire, they'd put a temporary electric fence around an area, drop a water tank and a small herd of goats.  Payment on completion.

We have a similar service - goats graze off the poison ivy....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

tythtyetwerg.JPG.556cf7814142e0330063d3c71c53d2cd.JPG

First - it's only good for 2 weeks? That one's dated the 11th of April and the expiration date is the 28th of April. Although, I suppose he could be late with his payment, and he's paying for the entire month of April.

Second - they did that in England also. They may still do that - I don't know. But the BBC did not have commercials, so that was how they paid for the television. Kind of like how, when cable first came about, you paid for it so you didn't have to have commercials. Now you pay for it and you still have commercials.

Back when you had the license, did you have commercials? I assume you have them now?

One last thing. You say that the television tax was done away with in 74? But that receipt is dated April of 75.

Answer to my first question - I just saw that the date of payment is April of 1974 but the date of expiration is April of 1975, so it must be good for a year.

Edited by Alpo

3 minutes ago, Alpo said:

First - it's only good for 2 weeks? That one's dated the 11th of April and the expiration date is the 28th of April. Although, I suppose he could be late with his payment, and he's paying for the entire month of April.

Second - they did that in England also. They may still do that - I don't know. But the BBC did not have commercials, so that was how they paid for the television. Kind of like how, when cable first came about, you paid for it so you didn't have to have commercials. Now you pay for it and you still have commercials.

Back when you had the license, did you have commercials? I assume you have them now?

Not sure about commercials....I was only 10, @Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 is an ol'fart he might know :lol:

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

1751367851_images(3).jpg.5f9bc9a3f682daeab8bf5782e9fbbeb7.jpg

17 hours ago, Brazos John said:

Hog Heaven?

........ nope, ..... just sleeping it off .......  :)

well, you sleep on a mattress .........   -_-

• Haha 1