SASS Wire Forum

The Aussie Humour Thread

Buckshot Bear

8 hours ago, Alpo said:

Did he say that? Because my memory has him saying "dung".

Could be wrong. Been 20 years or more since I saw the movie last.

As accurate as my memory reinforced by searching the quote on the internet.  Both sources unfortunately increasingly fallible!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Would you believe there are still a few among the left behind kids toys in the box room?:huh:

Yep we have some packed away somewhere as well. I wonder if the craze will ever kick off again.....probably not as young kids are too interested in screen time on their phones now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

What are the dangly things?

Corks hanging on strings. The theory, as I understand it, is as you move the corks move around, moving the strings back and forth, which serves to keep insects off your face.

I don't get why they're hanging down by their butt. That's obviously the joke of the cartoon, and it's going right over my head.

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Corks hanging on strings. The theory, as I understand it, is as you move the corks move around, moving the strings back and forth, which serves to keep insects off your face.

I don't get why they're hanging down by their butt. That's obviously the joke of the cartoon, and it's going right over my head.

A great rationale for wine consumption!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Keep the flies away from the rear nether regions.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

237053371_10159711916251103_935099342478470389_n.thumb.jpg.cc0165eac3d2850e204b0ef38638b025.jpg

....  " smashed avocado " is where you pay $2 for an avocado and another $11 for someone to put it on a slice of bread and stomp on it .....  <_<

Edited by Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062
left out an important bit ....
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Snip-it_1651248055044.jpg.199c461c8b442557c8ecc89b2a207918.jpg

Is this caused more by sin tax (tobacco is bad, therefore people that use it must pay a lot of money in taxes, because they are bad for using tobacco, which is bad) or because tobacco does not grow in Oz, so has to be imported?

19 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Is this caused more by sin tax (tobacco is bad, therefore people that use it must pay a lot of money in taxes, because they are bad for using tobacco, which is bad) or because tobacco does not grow in Oz, so has to be imported?

...... but it IS (or was) grow'd in Australia ........ I think ....   :o

37 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Supposedly for smokers to prepay for the public hospital care there gunna' need. 

2 hours ago, Black Angus McPherson said:

Wow!  If I ever visit Australia I think I'll just bring a couple cartons of cigarettes instead of cash or a credit card.  That ought to finance my entire trip.  :D

Angus

Nope won't work....Border Force will tax you (heavily) on any cigarettes except for one packet of 25. 

• Sad 1