SASS Wire Forum

Goex closing down

The Original Lumpy Gritz

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Word on Internet …. DuPont will buy Goex at the end of the year

If fact, it will take DuPont a year or more to Rebuild the Miden Facility … if thats where they plan to produce the powder …

Latest word about DuPont ….

Re: Goex closing down

Unread post by bpcr shooter » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:26 pm

Being an employee of Dupont, I asked my plant manager if there was any talk about getting back into the BP game. He said he would ask the higher up's. Today I got my answer, it was as follows......NO, at this point Dupont has no interest in going back to making BP, and have sold the machines off to other interested company's, and will not buy/make tham again. Its in our best interest to stay in the chemical, industrial, N&B areas of manufacturing . I thank you for your interest.

So Im taking that a a NO, they are not going to start making powder again. Now this may change at a moments notice if a crisis arises, but short of a world war that they will not. Its a shame that the end of our sport may come down to insurance company's and/or poor wages

once battleships and other big guns were retired, the only ones buying BP are cowboy shooters and reenactors. no way near enough demand. the navy used to buy hundreds of tons a year.....no longer needed.

Archived