SASS Wire Forum

Will this earn me a penalty?

Shooting Bull

This seems a bit obvious to me but I want to make sure.  

Split shotgun stage beginning on the left.  Engage shotgun targets then move to center table and safe shotgun then engage pistol and rifle targets.  After pistol and rifle from the center shooter moves to the right and engages more shotgun targets.  

While I'm moving from the first position to the center table I'll want to draw my first pistol and have it ready when I get there.  I'll do that with my right hand.  I'll also place my shotgun on the table for easy access after I finish with the rifle.  I'll do that with my left hand.  What punishment will I receive if I happen to sweep my left arm with the pistol in my right hand as I'm doing all that? 

None.  Shooter can't sweep himself.  Muzzles never broke 170.  No "other person" was in front of muzzle.

good luck, GJ

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Sawyer said:

If nothing else, some dear friend could slap a Spirit of the Game on you for trying to be too fast.

Fortunately Shooting Bull has very few friends - so there is little danger of a friend issuing a penalty.  :D

And it would have to be Spirit of the Game for something other than being fast (as that is not a concern either).

* Reminder to Shooting Bull that I am still sickly and crippled up - so hitting me would generally be frowned upon (maybe). :wacko:

We've had stages where you soot the rifle, then proceed down range shooting SG targets stopping at a hale bale to shoot the former pistol targets. Shooter could stage the shotgun on the hale bale or hold it in his non-shooting hand. It works for dualists

16 minutes ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Fortunately Shooting Bull has very few friends - so there is little danger of a friend issuing a penalty.  :D

And it would have to be Spirit of the Game for something other than being fast (as that is not a concern either).

* Reminder to Shooting Bull that I am still sickly and crippled up - so hitting me would generally be frowned upon (maybe). :wacko:

You and I both have a problem here.

My problem: I can't argue with anything you said.

Your problem: I don't need to hit you.  I'm sure Desert Scorpion would LOVE to do that for me. :lol:

Per the rules, it does say "other people." So you are good!

But if you do manage to shoot yourself, you will be somewhere in the range of DNF to MDQ.

I think this maybe could be called the Darwin Rule. Don't sweep yourself either, OK? Orchestrated optimized transitions are fun to watch and do.

Archived