SASS Wire Forum

Remanufactured shotgun ammunition.

oak creek martin

Just wondering if there is a private company that is a licensed ammo manufacture that reload shotgun ammunition 12 and 20 gauge to be used in cowboy action low recoil type loads

Good question.

I have never looked for it as I roll my own but I cannot say I have even seen any before.

Would guess there is not a lot of profit margin in it but don't know.

Keep us informed.

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

BTW how ya been over there?

The reason I’m looking is I have a lot of cowboy friends that don’t reload their own and we all know it’s very hard to find low recoil shotgun ammo right now. Plus with the 4H- western heritage kids they need to shoot a factory manufactured or remanufactured ammunition.

We’re doing good over here getting ready to have a Western heritage fun shoot in October. Sorry I missed you at the state shoot my daughter got married that weekend so that’s where I was at.

I have never heard of a commercial reloader for sg shells in this part of the country. My father ,Blue Boy sass 46773 shot skeet and trap in Nashville for 40 years and always bought new, then reloaded after the Dillon 900 came out. 

Imis

Black Dawg (?) company used to reload black powder shotshells for cowboy shooting.  They've been out of business several years now.  And BP shells had a BIG markup on them.

I'd think your best option would be to let folks know on the SASS Wire you need a batch of Winchester Low Noise Low Recoil shells.   See if anyone local can come up with some. 

Western Heritage may just have to loosen their rules about shotgun ammo if they want to hold matches right now.....:(

And good luck with finding 20 gauge target ammo currently.  It's a hen's teeth type item.

good luck, GJ

6 hours ago, oak creek martin said:

The reason I’m looking is I have a lot of cowboy friends that don’t reload their own and we all know it’s very hard to find low recoil shotgun ammo right now. Plus with the 4H- western heritage kids they need to shoot a factory manufactured or remanufactured ammunition.

We’re doing good over here getting ready to have a Western heritage fun shoot in October. Sorry I missed you at the state shoot my daughter got married that weekend so that’s where I was at.

Glad to hear you are still involved with Western Heritage. Loved my time with it. 
Congratulations on the wedding of your daughter. Hoping her new husband is kind, caring and crazy mad in love with her!

All the best. 
Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

He very much is. That’s why we he got our blessing. Great young man good addition to our family. Look forward to seeing you soon. 

Low recoil shotshells. 

Heresy!

Where are all the WARTHOGS?

On 9/27/2021 at 9:22 PM, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Low recoil shotshells. 

Heresy!

Where are all the WARTHOGS?

Not only do I shoot warthog, I look like one!

20 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Many of our club members have stopped reloading SG shells. They can buy them for almost the same cost.

I can buy them far cheaper, I just can't find any 3/4  ounce, lower velocity shells at all, so I may end up paying more to load cowboy shells than I'm paying for cheap shells.

Archived