SASS Wire Forum

Wasn't going to...

Not every state in here down-under  can shoot Wild Bunch, unfortunately my home state of Queensland is one of  three that hasn't  had it passed ..there are 5 states / territories that have permission.

It's a real PITA' .. in Australia to shoot over .38 in pistols you need an endorsement on your license to shoot a discipline that allows .40 caliber..such as single action.IPSC, metallic s'ette etc.

So in the hope that we can get Wild Bunch approved I purchased a Norinco 1911 .45 ACP..in the meantime there are a couple of other shoots I can use it in.

Trigger is great  & overall very happy.

I decided that I like my Norinco 9mm so much that I'd buy the same in .45...got a holster rig coming, bought some dies & some brass came with the gun, picked  up a Magma 230 g RN  mold..just need a few more mags & right to go.

There are not a lot of these around, so I was fortunate to find it and at a good price.

001.JPG

I have a pair of Norincos in 45. One is hard chrome and the other blue.  Both great shooters. I had the sights upgraded from the traditional military 1911 style but still qualify for traditional WB. Yours looks to have been modified somewhat into a modern category. Still very nice.

I have a 4th Gen Norinco 97 that has stood up very well to sass Competition. I bought it in about 2003-2005, they are no longer imported here. I hope you have the same great results.

Imis

A question re  .45 single stack   mags for the  1911  ...I'm told all brands are interchangeable..is that true ? Or are there specific ones I should look for.

They are interchangeable, but some are better quality than others.

Archived