SASS Wire Forum

Daisy Red Ryder

52 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

I had a Daisy 'Spittin Image' 1894 BB gun, lent it to a nephew and never got it back.

411adedc9e0781e4fcb18bf6ba809d60.jpg.fd95ca64ff9aa79669b55ae8ffe4dd69.jpg

I got one of those for my tenth birthday, the year they were introduced - 1961.  ^_^

And I truly wish I still had it!  :blush:

Today, I ordered one from Walmart, along with the starter kit and a fancy Red Ryder case.

Walmart freaked out and cancelled the BB rifle as "unavailable".
Apparently 80 year old lever BB
rifles are also considered assault rifles or weapons of mass destruction.

I'm wondering:  does a BB rifle have to go through FFL and Background Check in CA?

I’ve had mine 69 years, a gift when I was eight.  It sits on the hearth, leaning on the Buck Stove insert within reach of my La-Z-Boy, eager to protect the wife’s flowers from marauding squirrels.

Some things never get old.  :)

5 hours ago, bgavin said:

I'm wondering:  does a BB rifle have to go through FFL and Background Check in CA?

Here, in Australia, it would have to be registered with the state authority, and you would need a shooters licence to own one.

Your Grandchild will have to be over 12 years of age and have a "minors firearms training permit" (issued after successfully sitting a "firearms safety course" and paying $90). Said permit lasts until the age of 18 when it expires and can be replaced then an application for a shooters licence can be applied for (after undergoing another "firearms safety course".

:blush:

On 9/27/2021 at 2:42 AM, Buckshot Bear said:

I had a Daisy 'Spittin Image' 1894 BB gun, lent it to a nephew and never got it back.

411adedc9e0781e4fcb18bf6ba809d60.jpg.fd95ca64ff9aa79669b55ae8ffe4dd69.jpg

My brothers had those when I was a kid. I'm remembering and can hear the sound of it being cocked right now. Remember my dad shooting the neighbors dog off the deck but that was a secret....

22 hours ago, bgavin said:

Today, I ordered one from Walmart, along with the starter kit and a fancy Red Ryder case.

Walmart freaked out and cancelled the BB rifle as "unavailable".
Apparently 80 year old lever BB
rifles are also considered assault rifles or weapons of mass destruction.

Wow, they are on the shelf at my local Walmart, less than $30.  I ordered mine off of Amazon back when they did the run of adult sized RR’s. 

Yep.
$24 at the Walmart in Reno, and in stock.
This is a 2.5 hour drive, each way for us.

I am sorely tempted to take a road trip just for this.
Bass Pro has them locally, but $50.

Walmart is especially "woke" in CA.
They freaked out and divested all their firearms and nearly all their ammo.

On 9/28/2021 at 4:42 AM, Michigan Slim said:

Remember my dad shooting the neighbors dog off the deck but that was a secret....

I remember that as well, except Dad used an '06.

Neighbor let his dog out and intentionally sic'ed it on the other neighbor family pet.
It was killing that pet dog in our front yard, until Dad put it down with the '06.

Archived