SASS Wire Forum

Comin' At Cha 2021 Was A Great Match!

Hellbender

Comin' At Cha was a GREAT match - the stages (all 12 of them were unique and fun!), the pot luck dinners, the banquet dinner, the awards ceremony, the entertainment, the camaraderie, all were spectacular!  Thank you T-Bone and crew for the hard work y'all did putting this all together - your efforts paid off well!  Now''s the time to start planning to come to the next Comin' At Cha Sept 21-23, 2022.

I'd also like to again personally, and this time publicly, thank T-Bone for allowing the Up the Creek Gang to set up our 10-gun raffle display at Comin' At Cha and sell tickets throughout the match - we sold 234 tickets there and we do have more to sell - more details coming soon on how to buy yours if you haven't already done so (or see previous SASS Wire posts about our raffle).

Special note to Ezra Hawthorne -that Henry Silver Series American Eagle Edition rifle that had been on order is now with us and we had it on display at the match.  You wanted to see actual photos of it, so take a look!

Hellbender

IMG_7094.jpeg

IMG_7089.jpeg

IMG_7090.jpeg

IMG_7091.jpeg

Yes it was...as usual.  And if you missed the grand finally with Milkbone, well, you missed some of the greatness of Comin At Cha's week long "fun-fest".

One of these days I’m gonna get there!

Hugs!

Scarlett

6 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

One of these days I’m gonna get there!

Hugs!

Scarlett

Missed ya.

It sure was, Hellbender!  That whole crew did a fantastic job, as always, of putting on the most rootin-tootin, high-falootin, fun, yet challenging match North, West, South or East of the Pecos.

and I heard a rumor that next year you can shoot all 3 waves if you want to!

2 hours ago, Possum Skinner, SASS#60697 said:

It sure was, Hellbender!  That whole crew did a fantastic job, as always, of putting on the most rootin-tootin, high-falootin, fun, yet challenging match North, West, South or East of the Pecos.

and I heard a rumor that next year you can shoot all 3 waves if you want to!

Iron Cowboy catagory, I believe...

Must shoot ALL 3 waves ALL 3 days!

11 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I used to be an Iron Cowboy, now I’m just rusty, bordering on corroded.  God bless those that do it, 2 waves a day wore me out. 

10 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:
12 hours ago, Possum Skinner, SASS#60697 said:

Now THAT sounds like fun!! I’ll have to start a training regimen! I’ll do that tomorrow!  

Hugs!

Scarlett

One of the most completely enjoyable shooting/dancing/partying experiences that I have ever had in Cowboy Action Shooting. Great to see so many old friends, and make new ones.  Outstanding job, T-Bone & Co.!

Cheers,

FJT

It was a great match.target range was rite.lot of movement & a whole bunch of knockdown targets.No MF loads.

I also want to thank T Bone for all he did for me.He carried me over for 3 years.When I got there my Fridge had quit working on me.

He had a cancelation for a spot with Juictricity & put me in it.

Many thanks to T Bone.

Largo

6 hours ago, largo casey #19191 said:

Oh & the 900 mile drive each way was worth it

Largo

ALWAYS is for that shoot ! I'd crawl the 80 miles if I had to to get there......

This was a great shooting vacation.  The range was ready for the shooters.  Bar 3 was ready to host the shooters. Always a match official handy to assist in needs of the shooters.  For my wife that is not a shooter, there was plenty of entertainment for us.  The planned music and mounted shooting was a blast.  The entire weekend was a success.  Great venue. It is very obvious that Bar 3 has put in a tremendous amount of blood, sweat and tears into the range.  CaC will remain on my annual shoot list.

Even though I couldn't stay for the whole shebang, it was great meeting so many friends face to face!

1 hour ago, DeaconKC said:

Even though I couldn't stay for the whole shebang, it was great meeting so many friends face to face!

Yep, it was great meeting a lot of Wire friends I've never meet face to face before, including you DeaconKC!

Hellbender

• 3 months later...

Has anyone released the official dates for 2022? Looking forward to shooting this year!

9 minutes ago, DeaconKC said:

Has anyone released the official dates for 2022? Looking forward to shooting this year!

When I was there in September I filled out an application for 2022, but don’t ask me the dates, sorry.  Send Ellie an email at sheryltolbert@yahoo.com I’m sure she’ll get right back to you. 

4 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Badlands Bar 3

Side bar has CAC...

Haven't looked, but believe it is there. Usually is up before prior CAC ends!:rolleyes:

Wasn't on there when I looked.

1 minute ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Hmmm...let me find you an answer.;)

I just sent the lady an email. Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

The lady???

As in Ellie Gant???:D:wub::P

That would be the one!

With the SE Regionals moving their date to Sept 29 this presents a problem for us. We've attended the SER in AL the last 3 years and really enjoy it but we've been wanting to attend CAC for a while as well. With limited vacation time and them being on following weekends we will have to pick one. This isn't a choice I want to have to make!

Sorry to hear that, I will get two "travel" matches this year and this will be the second one.

Archived