SASS Wire Forum

WTB - 22 Ammo Slide

Texas Maverick

I am looking for a 22 ammo slide that will fit my shotgun belt for those times I shoot my Henry 22. Thought maybe a Cowboy or Cowgirl might have one laying around that they don't use before I order a new one.

Thanks

Texas Maverick

I’m about 90% sure I have one floating around somewhere. I’ll look this evening and let you know! 

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

I’m about 90% sure I have one floating around somewhere. I’ll look this evening and let you know! 

Sorry Mav.   I looked high & low. Couldn’t find it. I may have given it away to a Buckaret a couple if years ago. If it pops up I’ll let you know. 

Hey Maverick, I guess now I know why you weren't reloading when you had a dud yesterday.  No spare ammo!   If you have a belt or slide with .38 loops, you can wrap a strip of rawhide or such through a few of the loops to make them tighter so a .22 will fit.  I do this with my belts that have .45 loops when I shoot .38's.  Might take two loops of leather cord through each ammo loop to make it tight enough for a .22.  Anyway, good luck!

16 hours ago, Hoss said:

Sorry Mav.   I looked high & low. Couldn’t find it. I may have given it away to a Buckaret a couple if years ago. If it pops up I’ll let you know. 

Thanks for checking Hoss.

TM

15 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Hey Maverick, I guess now I know why you weren't reloading when you had a dud yesterday.  No spare ammo!   If you have a belt or slide with .38 loops, you can wrap a strip of rawhide or such through a few of the loops to make them tighter so a .22 will fit.  I do this with my belts that have .45 loops when I shoot .38's.  Might take two loops of leather cord through each ammo loop to make it tight enough for a .22.  Anyway, good luck!

Might have to check this option out if I don't find one. I am only looking for 3 or 4 loops, 5 at the most.

TM

Archived