SASS Wire Forum

Karma for a litter bug?

There may be those that see it as the guy in the car tossing his litter specifically to have the sweeper pick it up,  since he was there. 

I would have loved to see the rest of that

If the guy in the car was tossing his trash out because the clean up man said he’d dispose of his trash then why did he throw it on the ground? Too bad the big guy didn’t pop that dude a couple of times…then again, maybe he did. The person edited the video so the dirtbag couldn’t use it as evidence. ;)

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

If the guy in the car was tossing his trash out because the clean up man said he’d dispose of his trash then why did he throw it on the ground? Too bad the big guy didn’t pop that dude a couple of times…then again, maybe he did. The person edited the video so the dirtbag couldn’t use it as evidence. ;)

Sorry I don't see the value of "popping" him.  The response was the correct one.

It frequently amazes me how different people can see the same thing, but see something different.

Here we have Tom, sitting in his car eating his McDonald's take out. When he's through he says out the car window to Joe the sidewalk sweeper. "Hey, is there a trash can around here close?"

Joe tells him to just toss the trash down on the sidewalk, and he will sweep it up in his little dustpan on the stick. Tom says COOL, and tosses his trash out, and Joe sweeps it up.

Then along comes Billy Badass, all filled with righteous indignation and roid rage. Grabs the dustpan on a stick and throws the trash back in Tom's car. He doesn't know what's going on, but he certainly going to step in and help. Tom starts to get out of the car. Billy Badass kicks the car door shut.

I kept waiting for the flash of light, followed by Billy Badass bouncing off the sidewalk with blood pouring out of the hole in his face.

The point of my little scenario - Billy Badass did not know what was going on. But then, neither do you. But y'all have decided that it's a good thing that Billy Badass was over there to give Tom a hard time. Y'all have decided that Tom was a bad guy.

Yes, it is possible that Tom was being a jerk. But you don't know that.

Turning a littering incident into something that could result in criminal misdemeanor or felony charges is stupid

Who knows.

About 20 years ago I actually watched a lady toss a bunch of crap out of her car in a store parking lot and a cop that was rolling through stopped and questioned her. I could hear the conversation. She said that the lot was swept nightly so it would be cleaned up soon. It was 10:00am.

He informed her that it would be cleaned up soon or she would pay $500 for each item she tossed. 
By my estimate she was looking at a $20,000 fine. 
She cleaned up her mess then drove over to a trash can and threw it in there. 
Lazy dipstick. 

Litter pukes are everywhere. I do clean up day every year here and you really get to hate litter bugs.

7 hours ago, Alpo said:

It frequently amazes me how different people can see the same thing, but see something different.

Here we have Tom, sitting in his car eating his McDonald's take out. When he's through he says out the car window to Joe the sidewalk sweeper. "Hey, is there a trash can around here close?"

Joe tells him to just toss the trash down on the sidewalk, and he will sweep it up in his little dustpan on the stick. Tom says COOL, and tosses his trash out, and Joe sweeps it up.

Then along comes Billy Badass, all filled with righteous indignation and roid rage. Grabs the dustpan on a stick and throws the trash back in Tom's car. He doesn't know what's going on, but he certainly going to step in and help. Tom starts to get out of the car. Billy Badass kicks the car door shut.

I kept waiting for the flash of light, followed by Billy Badass bouncing off the sidewalk with blood pouring out of the hole in his face.

The point of my little scenario - Billy Badass did not know what was going on. But then, neither do you. But y'all have decided that it's a good thing that Billy Badass was over there to give Tom a hard time. Y'all have decided that Tom was a bad guy.

Yes, it is possible that Tom was being a jerk. But you don't know that.

I think most people based their opinions on what they saw; not on their thoughts of what may have happened.

13 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

You have your opinion. 

You're right and my opinion is that we follow the law.

Archived