SASS Wire Forum

Favorite Pie

Subdeacon Joe

On 9/25/2021 at 12:33 PM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Darn you Joe, now I have to get some CHERRY PIE!:P

I could not find a cherry pie anywhere so I went with apple pie alamode!

23 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Black Forest Cake, however!

Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte, named not for the region but for the liqueur which is in it.

I rarely turn down anything with alcohol in it but the kirsch wasser is truly nasty.

• 2 months later...

This was President James A. Garfield's favorite pie, I've never had one and never heard of it! 

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/apple-meringue-pie/

Dredging up old pie threads, I see…

I pretty much like all pies except I have  a mental block against mince meat pies, which I will not go into here. 
My favorite pies are apple pies. I love them all, heck even McDonald’s apple pies. 

28 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Dredging up old pie threads, I see…

I pretty much like all pies except I have  a mental block against mince meat pies, which I will not go into here. 
My favorite pies are apple pies. I love them all, heck even McDonald’s apple pies. 

I'll go to any lengths to satisfy our readers, no matter where it comes from. :)

istockphoto-1288336223-612x612.jpg.ca3102c86f46515f03c5ad49e3659090.jpg

Schoolmarm makes a blackberry pie from blackberries that grow on the back of our place.  Not cobbler mind you. It’s a deep dish pie.

With vanilla bean ice cream added to a slice, ten to fifteen minutes out of the oven, you may be as close to heaven as you can get in this world!!

2 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Schoolmarm makes a blackberry pie from blackberries that grow on the back of our place.  Not cobbler mind you. It’s a deep dish pie.

With vanilla bean ice cream added to a slice, ten to fifteen minutes out of the oven, you may be as close to heaven as you can get in this world!!

Oh Man, my grandmother made the very best blackberry pies. You are correct. Heavenly! :)

Archived