SASS Wire Forum

Beretta 92FS

Buckshot Bear

11 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

My neighbor has her dads old Beretta 96 in .40 cal. It was his duty weapon. He was a local policeman. They carried 40’s back in the 70’s I guess. Great gun!!

92 came out in the 70's, 96 in 90.  Hope she doesn't get them confused and feed the 96 with 9mm from the 92.

34 minutes ago, sassnetguy50 said:

92 came out in the 70's, 96 in 90.  Hope she doesn't get them confused and feed the 96 with 9mm from the 92.

Her dad was a cop in the 70's  through the 90's, she also has his service revolver(??)  and then when they switched to the 96 he used that. When he passed away she got the 96 and her brother got the revolver which I'm not sure what it is. (Probably the Highway Patrolman in .357 or .38??) Anyway she won't get it confused she's a Transit Police officer and carries a Glock. She knows her way around guns. It was my mistake not hers.

I didn't know the 96 came out in the 90's thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I have three, a 92FS, M9, and old-school 92S. Previously I owned a half-dozen others. I have NEVER had a malfunction with any of them. They are among my favorite range guns as they're accurate and fun to shoot, but like many people I find them too big and fat to be practical for anything else (I mean the Berettas, not the people :blush: ).

Archived