SASS Wire Forum

Be careful - credit card phishing

Chief Rick

I received a phone call yesterday evening and my caller ID identified the caller as a major credit card company.

When I answered the person new my name and address and told me there were are series of charges just placed on my credit card in TX.

Then I was asked to verify the first six digits on the credit and expiration date - the caller had that info.

The the caller asked me to verify the last eight digits of the card.

Uh, no.  I hung up and immediately called the number on the back of my credit card to report it.

Be careful - some of these callers are very professional sounding and convincing.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Chief Rick said:

I received a phone call yesterday evening and my caller ID identified the caller as a major credit card company.

When I answered the person new my name and address and told me there were are series of charges just placed on my credit card in TX.

Then I was asked to verify the first six digits on the credit and expiration date - the caller had that info.

The the caller asked me to verify the last eight digits of the card.

Uh, no.  I hung up and immediately called the number on the back of my credit card to report it.

Be careful - some of these callers are very professional sounding and convincing.

I hope your CC company told you to destroy the card and is going to issue you a new one. If not REQUEST that they do that!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1