SASS Wire Forum

Expensive Gas

Yul Lose

I was filling up my truck at the reservation gas station today and a car on the other side of the pump from me took off with the gas pump hose still connected to her car. I yelled but it was to late and she tore the hose off at the pump and the handle and nozzle bounced off the side of her car leaving a dent. She was a pretty good looking young blond lady (don’t know if that had anything to do with it) and was surprised at what she had done. She wanted to just drive off but I told her she should go in and tell them what she did because I knew they had it on video. There is a sign posted that the charge for driving off with the hose is $650.00

Is gas cheaper on the reservation? I remember gas used to be cheaper on the Air Force Base. Federal land. No state tax. Tobacco and beer was also cheaper on the Air Force Base, for the same reason. No state tax.

Gas prices on the bases are linked to the average community prices by current law....as  such, I never buy on base anymore, as the prices are generally higher than anywhere I would purchase. They don't figure in "club" prices, such as Costco or Sam's.

My daughter was filling up her truck (Freightliner) at a truck stop the other day and while we were talking she say "hold on a second" and then I hear her air horn.

Seems the driver at the island next to her took off with the nozzle still in his passenger side tank.

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

If they have a sign it must happen often. 

Most stations down here have those signs.

D1909089-E70D-4908-A568-1923DE2A0244.jpeg

16 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

I was filling up my truck at the reservation gas station today and a car on the other side of the pump from me took off with the gas pump hose still connected to her car. I yelled but it was to late and she tore the hose off at the pump and the handle and nozzle bounced off the side of her car leaving a dent. She was a pretty good looking young blond lady (don’t know if that had anything to do with it) and was surprised at what she had done. She wanted to just drive off but I told her she should go in and tell them what she did because I knew they had it on video. There is a sign posted that the charge for driving off with the hose is $650.00

For less than $100, the station could have installed break-away connectors on their hoses; cleanly separate when predictably a driver forgets that he/she is still tethered to the pump.  No spill; no lasting damage to the pump or hose.  

LL

21 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

For less than $100, the station could have installed break-away connectors on their hoses; cleanly separate when predictably a driver forgets that he/she is still tethered to the pump.  No spill; no lasting damage to the pump or hose.  

LL

They probably did but charge $650.00 because they can.

Archived