SASS Wire Forum

Number 4

Charles Wood,57, Air Force Vet, retired postal service. A really nice guy, married to Pam( wife's alumni band member and has four grown sons). We bumped into him on Sept. 1st at the Massillon Wal-Mart. Two days later found out he and his wife were quarantining after testing positive for Covid. He couldn't shake it, progressed into pneumonia complicated with MRSA. He was gone on Sept. 18th. If you are still on the fence, PLEASE,PLEASE stop playing Russian Roulette and get vaxed. I really can't bear to lose more friends this way.:( As for the wife and I, this is four empty chambers that went click, am fearing that the fifth will go off???????????????????:(:blush:

Father Kit; Everyone who gets Covid does not die. Stop spewing your opinion as a fact, as it isn't.

51 minutes ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

Father Kit; Everyone who gets Covid does not die. Stop spewing your opinion as a fact, as it isn't.

image.png.f6051de06f405f90f60a72a2b9e29b8f.png

Self-help is always a plus.
If you feel at all unwell, or have allergies, home steaming is helpful.
You cannot wait before taking action.

I have a GE electric water pot that I use to make pour-over coffee every day.
Leaving the top cracked open, it will continue to boil (steam) without auto-shut off.

I read a German study where exposing C19 to steam, while it is still in the nose and throat, can kill it.
C19 resides in the nose and throat a few days before descending down into the lungs where the immune system commits hara-kiri trying to kill the virus.

I find steaming is FAR more effective for my seasonal allergies, than is living on a Nebulizer with prescription Ventolin drugs.

Two of my daughters are COVID nurses.
The senior nurse got C19 a year ago last January when it first came around.
It kicked her butt, and hard.
Then she got the full Pfizer vax (mandatory at her job).
She was just about on the time line for a booster, when she got C19 again.

She immediately took to the steaming regimen while waiting for her home and real test results to come back.
Both were positive.

This time, she did NOT get it in her lungs, but described it as a really nasty cold.
She still has only a smidge of Taste or Smell two weeks after recovery.

38 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

image.thumb.png.a8f4976679096bd998ce6f7a0b9d0c2e.png

image.png.e78509bccd125543f14fec06ea45f756.png

https://wexnermedical.osu.edu/blog/why-more-covid-19-cases-in-vaccinated

image.png.6351859fc43f4da214be4c6be818f453.png

image.png.7b7f3fb858661d568cffa9e351e2202f.png

Having probability and  inevitable in the same sentence doesn't make sense. How about if I said "if you have an unlocked gun in your house the probability of someone getting shot with it is inevitable".

My daughter just had to withdraw from a college course because the school recently decided to mandate that all in person students had to have the Covid vaccine, with no ability to take the class online. If this happens again next quarter, or longer, it is going to take her much longer to finish up her nursing classes, and become a "more" useful member of society.

I know Covid is real, but so are many, many  other diseases that take far more lives, and yet we didn't have to shut down everything. I am 65 years old, so I am in the danger zone of getting Covid and dying. So I practice social distancing, don't socialize unnecessarily, wash my hands, wear a mask. I am still going to live my life and engage in "dangerous activities, like riding my motorcycles and going shooting. Been doing both for over 50 years, not going to stop now.

Maybe I have just been lucky, and know no one personally who has died from Covid. My sister got the shots and got it anyway, but she is fine now. My chiropractor and both his parents got it, all are fine now, and all refuse to get the shots.

FWIW, I was keeping up with the hospitalization websites for my county. At it's worst, we had 1100 people in the hospital for Covid. Out of the 3 million people who live here. Do the math. People were not dying in droves, like the news made it out to be. Sucks to be one of those people, but that is life, there are no guarantees. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but there it is.

6 hours ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Charles Wood,57, Air Force Vet, retired postal service. A really nice guy, married to Pam( wife's alumni band member and has four grown sons). We bumped into him on Sept. 1st at the Massillon Wal-Mart. Two days later found out he and his wife were quarantining after testing positive for Covid. He couldn't shake it, progressed into pneumonia complicated with MRSA. He was gone on Sept. 18th. If you are still on the fence, PLEASE,PLEASE stop playing Russian Roulette and get vaxed. I really can't bear to lose more friends this way.:( As for the wife and I, this is four empty chambers that went click, am fearing that the fifth will go off???????????????????:(:blush:

image.png.08c88301aa4d6119fab28fbf0ef96103.png

As more people get vaccinated, we will naturally see that more COVID-19 cases are in vaccinated people, simply because they represent a large and growing portion of the population. 

This is known as gibberish.

gib·ber·ish
/ˈjib(ə)riSH/

noun

1. unintelligible or meaningless speech or writing; nonsense.

How about this. " As more people get vaccinated, we will naturally see that more COVID-19 cases are in vaccinated people, simply because there ARE more vaccinated people".

6 hours ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

And not everyone who lives recovers

image.png.c85ceb2adac267b696b0e6da974debf8.pngFKCGG, The medical web site referenced is  their "Social Media" blog website! Both sites are saying the same thing...sort of.

The delusional people who think the vaccine protects them from getting COVID are the most threatening to the rest of us. They think the 'shot" they got is a magic bullet.

We all agree anytime someone looses a friend or family member, for what ever reason, is horrible.

This is a Virus. Like influenza it will mutate creating more variants. How many booster shots will be needed to reach Fauci's "herd" equilibrium? No one knows especially him.

For me, the lunacy of this whole situation is summed up in the cruise ship policy that caused us to cancel next years cruise;

1. Everyone must be vaccinated and show proof of vaccination, ( which booster and when).

2. Everyone will wear a mask while out in the public spaces. You can remove your mask when dining. The highest concentration of people in one space on the entire ship.

3. Guests do not have to wear masks in their private rooms. You know the rooms that are interconnected to the same HVAC system.

4. Guests must show a negative COVID test 2 days prior to departure.

That right there is why you can't understand whats really going on.

I don't remember this debate about other vaccines that we routinely accept as a matter of civic responsibility as well as good science.  According to a report released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), unvaccinated individuals are 11 times more likely to die from Covid-19 than those who are fully inoculated.  The study, published in the CDC’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (I bet THAT's some fun reading!) on September 10, also found vaccinated individuals were almost five times less likely to get infected with the virus and ten times less likely to end up hospitalized due to complications from the virus. It just seems odd to me that so many people would rather take higher risks of getting infected, and ending up hospitalized, and of dying than get the vaccine.  I know of six people in my universe of friends of friends and family who died of Covid-19, all before the vaccines were readily available, and none since then.  From my limited perspective, it seems to be working.  Condolences to anyone who has lost a loved one, and apologies to anyone offended by this.

It is also easy to understand why there are so many Covid-19 cases today, when half the population of America is vaccinated.  Think about it for just a second or two: there are much more contagious variants today than there were a year ago.  If a virus is ten times more transmissible, the number of infections will be much higher even if the vaccine provides perfect protection because it still has half the population (i.e., the unvaccinated) in which to spread.  What's harder to understand is why some folks can't understand this simple arithmetic.

Why don't they mention the millions that have recovered and now already have antibodies in their system. Because THEY, (we) don't fit the narrative. 

I've already had it, a year later my wife got it, and I DIDN'T get it again. I don't NEED the vaccine.

It is a personal choice, no matter what traitor-joe threatens to do. 

if you have faith in the vaccine, then you believe you either can't get it, or if you do, it will be a mild case.

Whether I get the vaccine, or not, should not matter to anyone but me. If you have gotten vaccinated, and you believe in it, then whether I do, or not, should not matter...you are protected...right? 

I have had covid, and I lived. My wife has had it, and is okay. My son, grand-son, and daughter-in-law, have had it. They are all okay. None of us have taken the vaccine yet. 

Yes...some get it, and don't live. I know a number of folks that died. Depends on the individual, their state of health, and the treatment they receive.   

Some have gotten both sets of shots, and have still gotten covid. 

Some have gotten both sets of shots, have gotten covid, and died. I knew one man that had that happen to him. 

If you believe in the vaccine, great, fine, good for you. Some do...and....some don't. 

I have encountered the same thing, when talking to folks about God. If you come on too strong, they will simply turn you off, and won't listen. 

You just have to try and present your case, if given the opportunity, and let them think about it, and decide. Same thing with the vaccine. 

One thing you have to ask yourself. If you believe in the vaccine, and you believe it is safe, and effective, then why are so many, around the world, resisting taking it?  Real, or imagined, they must have a reason, or excuse. Fear? The Unknown? Lack of faith in what the government is pushing, and threatening to do? Lack of short and long term knowledge of the potential side effects??? Not enough time has passed, since the vaccine's inception, to know what the short and long term side effects are...yet. 

Why are so many in the medical profession balking at taking it?  Yes, they are out there, I have talked to quite a few personally about it...the liberal news media notwithstanding.  

It is a personal choice, and should stay that way. No threats of firing, or harassment. If you are vaccinated, you are safe....right? 

The day I was born I was vaxxed for -

Hepatitis B

Before I was 6 weeks old I'd been vaxxed for -

Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, Haemophilus influenzae type b, hepatitis B, polio, Pneumococcal, Rotavirus and Meningococcal ACWY

At 4 months old -

Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, Haemophilus influenzae type b, hepatitis B, polio, Pneumococcal and Rotavirus

At 6 months old -

Again - Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, Haemophilus influenzae type b, hepatitis B, polio and Prevenar

At 12 months -

Meningoccal ACWY, Pneumococcal, Measles, mumps and rubella

At 18 months -

Diptheria, tetanus, pertussis, Measles, mumps, rubella, varicella and Haemophilus influenzae type b

When I turned 4 -

Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio

Thankfully all those vaxxes got me through childhood and to the age I am now, not like the billions of children who perished since man walked upright and before vaccinations.

I've probably had more than stated, just remembered whooping cough vax, as well as getting a flu jab each year for the last 20 years (never asked the brand of the flu jab I was gettin' just rolled up my sleeve and was thankful for it).

Travelled the world and had all sorts of injected vaccines for the out of the way places I visited.

Why on earth would I fear a vaccine that gives me a bullet proof vest that will stop the Covid slug from killing me? I might get bruised but that Covid slug has a much less chance of penetrating the vaccine vest and killing me. 

I personally know a man that had taken both shots, and later that year died of covid.

It is far from "bullet proof".

The only things I had, growing up, were: tetanus, small-pox, and a polio shot. That's it. I'm 72 now.  

I got more shots while in the military, while in my 20's. 

Not saying vaccines are a bad thing. Just sayin' it is up to each individual as to what they want injected into them, for whatever reason they have.

Been watching the protests in Australia, so it seems not everyone agrees with the way the government is handling the lockdowns, and mandates. 

Same thing is going on in the U.S., especially since traitor-joe is demanding his way, and his patience is "running out". Ain't that too bad joe. 

I feel very sorry for the gentleman that you know who was double vaccinated but sadly still succumbed to Covid. There will always be such cases, who knows what co-morbidities this gent had. Heart disease, diabetes there's a list as long as medical library contains that makes one have to fight harder to win against this virus.

If I can have a friend in my corner ( the vaccine) fighting alongside me, I won't say no.

Edit:  Australia is (will be) soon approaching 80% vaxxed and hopefully that will eventually get to 90%+ so the 10% of people saying that they won't get vaxxed (presently) are greatly in the minority and like all minorities they scream and carry on.

A local lady got the vaccine as she was a new grandmother and was to care for the new baby while the parents worked.  She ranted on Facebook about how stupid people are who don't get the vaccine and how you should get it to protect the ones you love.

She is now in the hospital with covid and the baby also has the Chinese virus.  No one else in the family has it.  

Buck sorry about your friend. We just lost a good guy too, Old Dan Cotton, I know you remember him, his wife got severely ill also but thank God she recovered.

Again sorry about your friend, Prayers up for the family.

11 hours ago, Quiet Burp said:

Why on earth would I fear a vaccine that gives me a bullet proof vest that will stop the Covid slug from killing me?

That right there is the fault of the media. You do not have a bullet proof vest. You can still contract the illness and die. The vaccine supposedly offers a stronger resistance and better recovery, but you're not immune.

11 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

That right there is the fault of the media. You do not have a bullet proof vest. You can still contract the illness and die. The vaccine supposedly offers a stronger resistance and better recovery, but you're not immune.

Immunity would imply a 100% efficacy rate.

The three shots available from Johnson & Johnson, Phiser and Mederna never claimed immunity. 

Rates of effectiveness in protection were only as high as 93% - 96%.

Following CDC guidelines of Social Distancing,  wearing masks and extra hygiene ethics may very well help to shield you from getting COVID-19; however, it doesn't guarantee that you won't contract the virus. Doing none of the above doesn't guarantee immunity from exposure either, but one can logically conclude it adds a layer of protection.

Getting a vaccine shot merely adds an additional layer of protection, as well as increasing your chances of a better recovery should you get the virus. 

Mothers in the winter would dress their children in the warmest of clothing in an attempt to protect them from the dangers of the cold. 

Heavy jacket, earmuffs, hat and mittens. Oh, and a scarf for extra protection.

The more protection, the better chances of not getting a cold.

In the end, it's all about how much protection you want to fend off getting the virus, and if you do catch it, lessen the possibility of severe consequences. 

I, myself, would not venture out in the cold without ALL the protection I could use.

If wearing masks and being vaccinated is so critical why are they talking about punishing only one group of people if they aren't  vaccinated? They threaten only the people who are trying to work and support themselves by increasing insurance premiums or denying medical services.

They don't threaten to take away benefits from homeless, illegals, welfare recipients or anyone else who is a non productive part of society and pay little in taxes, if they are unvaccinated  or refuse to wear a mask.

Then they have the gall to complain when many people say their goal is to control society rather then protect it. Meanwhile they release illegals with covid into the country. A couple of Afghan refugees have already been arrested for child rape.

Archived