SASS Wire Forum

The Passing of Chuckaroo's wife, Sassy Buttons and Bows

Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L

It is with great sadness that I report of the passing of Chuckaroo's wife Sassy Buttons and Bows. While she was not a shooter, she was at every match, helped with registration and awards, and was an integral part of both the Damascus Wildlife Rangers and the Thurmont Rangers clubs since their inception. Her Cowboy Spirit will be missed at each and every event.

Those we love don't go away,  They walk beside us every day, Unseen, unheard, but always near, Still Loved, still missed, and very dear.

May she Rest In Peace, and may God grant Chuckaroo comfort in the days ahead.

The following was sent out by Chuckaroo this morning.

My wife and best friend of over 53 years passed away quietly in her sleep on Sunday. It is something I was not prepared for.

Every day we kissed good morning, good night and every time I went out and when I got home. I know she would appreciate it if all of her friends hugged their loved ones and told them that they love them. Express your love while you can.

Her cowgirl alias was Sassy Buttons and Bows, she was every bit her alias. 

My heart is broken and I miss her deeply.

We are planning a celebration of life, to be held at the Izaak Walton League at a future date. I will let you know when those arrangements have been made.

Chuckaroo

Thanks for post DD.

Condolences to Roo, family, and the many friends.  May God comfort them in this time of such sorrow. 

Our prayers to you and family!!!!

Nawlins and Loco Poco Lobo

So sad. Chuckaroo and Sassy were some of the very first people we met in this game. Always so kind and helpful. Chuckaroo and family are in our prayers. 

I cannot express enough thanks for so many kind words of sympathy for Barb. My heart is broken and I know it is going to take some time to heal as best I can.  I wish I could respond back to each of you but we were fortunate to be surrounded by so many caring people. I have literally over 300 hundred emails, phone calls and Facebook condolences. Please forgive me if I do not respond. It is difficult to write and concentrate.

Barb never discussed death. She just turned off that subject as soon as it came up. She did not like to have her picture taken, she did not want birthday parties and never wanted to be the center of attention but her character, kindness and love of others shined through always. So, my sons and daughter in law decided to do what she would have wanted. We know she would not want anyone to suffer through a traditional funeral service.  But we knew she deserved to be celebrated for the wonderful person she was.

We will have a "Celebration of Life" at the Izaak Walton League on October 2nd from 1:00PM to 4:00PM. Light food will be available. If you plan to attend please send our daughter in law Karen an email at crooksie915@yahoo.com so we can give the cooks a head count. We ask that you respond by September 28th if possible.

Her obituary will appear in the Frederick Post but I have included it below.

The Izaak Walton League hall is located at 26430 Mullinix Mill Rd., Mt Airy, MD 21771 (It is closer to Damascus than Mt Airy)

Again you all have been wonderful and I'm not so sure I could get through this without all of you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Barbara Anne (Crouse) Crooks, 72, of Ijamsville, died at her home, Monday, September 20, 2021.  She was married to her beloved husband, Charles E. Crooks for 53 years. 

Surviving, in addition to her husband, are their two  sons, Scott Crooks, Matt Crooks and his wife Karen, her brother Rick Crouse and his wife Nancy She is also survived by many nieces, nephews and extended family.

She was predeceased in death by her father, Walter C. Crouse, and her mother M. Evelyn Crouse.

Barb loved her angels.   She enjoyed going out to dinner with her family and friends. Her rescue pets always put a smile on her face.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be sent to the Frederick County, MD Maryland Humane Society in her name. You may leave condolences at www.molesworthfh@aol.com 

Barb & Me.jpg

So sorry for your loss. Our thoughts & prayers out for you and God Bless & take care pilgrim. May she RIP.

Jackrabbit Joe & Sly Puppy

There are just no words that anyone can say, that will convey how sorry we are to hear this. 

Words are very inadequate when it comes to how one feels. 

We can pray for you, and the family, and we will...for the peace that passes all understanding. Philippians Chapter 4, verse 7. 

That Love exists, is proof that God exists. 

She has gone on ahead, and is waiting at end-of-trail for you, and us. 

In the meantime, she will be with you, and us, in our hearts and minds.

How long will you, and those of us that have only heard about her, remember her? For as long as we live.

How long will God remember her? For as long as He lives. 

Pat and I offer our condolences. We have also spent 53 years together and separation is unthinkable.   

On 9/21/2021 at 3:17 PM, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Thanks for post DD.

Condolences to Roo, family, and the many friends.  May God comfort them in this time of such sorrow. 

Said it well, all I could do would be repeat the sentiment... God Bless.

Sorry for your loss!  Our prayers are with you.  

It sounds like she was a wonderful person. I know your heart is breaking. I pray that God will lift you up, ease your pain and allow you to continue on until you meet again.

Snakebite

On 9/21/2021 at 9:58 AM, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

It is with great sadness that I report of the passing of Chuckaroo's wife Sassy Buttons and Bows. While she was not a shooter, she was at every match, helped with registration and awards, and was an integral part of both the Damascus Wildlife Rangers and the Thurmont Rangers clubs since their inception. Her Cowboy Spirit will be missed at each and every event.

Those we love don't go away,  They walk beside us every day, Unseen, unheard, but always near, Still Loved, still missed, and very dear.

May she Rest In Peace, and may God grant Chuckaroo comfort in the days ahead.

The following was sent out by Chuckaroo this morning.

My wife and best friend of over 53 years passed away quietly in her sleep on Sunday. It is something I was not prepared for.

Every day we kissed good morning, good night and every time I went out and when I got home. I know she would appreciate it if all of her friends hugged their loved ones and told them that they love them. Express your love while you can.

Her cowgirl alias was Sassy Buttons and Bows, she was every bit her alias. 

My heart is broken and I miss her deeply.

We are planning a celebration of life, to be held at the Izaak Walton League at a future date. I will let you know when those arrangements have been made.

Chuckaroo

All honor to her name. 

Archived