SASS Wire Forum

Federal LPP available at Natchez shooting supply

Possum Skinner, SASS#60697

2 hours ago, Chert Rock Chuck said:

Limit is 10!!!!

Woohoo!

I figure about 500 bucks for 5000 (5 bricks) + HAZMAT+ shipping. That would be 10 cents a primer. Dang! This is 50 dollars a brick higher than I paid in the past. I would avoid paying HAZMAT for less than 5000 primers.

9 minutes ago, Roscoe Regulator said:

I figure about 500 bucks for 5000 (5 bricks) + HAZMAT+ shipping. That would be 10 cents a primer. Dang! This is 50 dollars a brick higher than I paid in the past. I would avoid paying HAZMAT for less than 5000 primers.

Yep, you’re right.

Im certain however, that I’m not the only one happy to see them available again, and with more than a 1-2 brick limit.

1 hour ago, Chert Rock Chuck said:

Yep, you’re right.

Im certain however, that I’m not the only one happy to see them available again, and with more than a 1-2 brick limit.

Primers now cost in the same range as bullets. "I'm not the only one" asking himself "how much is too much?". I do shoot fewer matches. As an older shooter I might just hang it up, if I run out, and I wonder if that might become a trend in SASS, aside from simply aging out. I will wait and see what happens to price and availability and will not jump on the first primer stock I see, ignoring the price concern. A little quick math gives me $50 a match plus brass attrition for matches within an hour's drive. Something to think about and cause to review the budget.

I don't want to and thankfully don't have to pay 10 cents per primer. But if you have everything else needed that would be 6-7 cents additional cost per round compared to before the shortage. That's 6-7 dollars more per 100 rounds.

Thank you for your post, I was in need. While I do understand the cost being higher for me it just is what it is. For a man with just this one new hobby it's worth the fun. I have other friends with much more expensive habits and hobbies. I really hate to think it would stop folks altogether but everyone has their own budget for sure. 

Natchez no longer shows the primers mentioned in the OP as available.  However, they now show Federal Gold Medal Centerfire Large Magnum Pistol Match Primer 1000/ct for $97.99 as available limited to 10 items.  If you have $1,000 laying around you can place a maximum order.  (Fortunately I don't need to.)  I suspect anyone placing such an order would limit their practice sessions to dry firing.

Archived