SASS Wire Forum

Papa Dave

Whiskey Hayes #41999

Just heard the news from another pard, Will Reilly!

All I could say was DAMN! Just DAMN!!

Now that I have had a few minutes to think about it, I can say that I have lost a personal friend.  I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago and he was looking forward to the Tennessee State Match and working on arrangements and setting it up.

We traveled together a time or two and worked together on the Wartrace board of directors until my departure.

Wartrace has lost one of its treasures and a driving force and I will miss him greatly!

Sincerest condolences to all who knew him, for if you knew him you had a friend.

3 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I feel like I have to post a few pictures of Papa Dave. He was one of the great ones and will be missed by all! I had the privilege of going on several trips with him to matches including 5 times he and I traveled to EOT in New Mexico with Dodge City Dixie and Reno Mustang. We had even planned and were signed up for EOT in Phoenix next year. We will certainly miss him. 

Randy

BRVT3065.JPG

IMG_2012.JPG

IMG_3293.MOV

IMG_0761.JPG

IMG_3284.JPG

IMG_3318.JPG

IMG_3321.JPG

IMG_0277.MOV

Great pics, Randy! Thanks for posting.

Talked to Papa Dave many times at the various large matches. Always a pleasure to have a conversation with and a great ambassador for our game.

He will be missed by many.

My condolences to his family and friends.

RIP Papa Dave

Prayers for Dave, family, and friends. Have know him for years and will miss catching up with him at Tennessee this year. He was a top hand for sure.

8 hours ago, Colonel Dan, SASS #24025 said:

Dave's passing leaves SASS a little less than it was yesterday but a far greater place today for his being here all those years.

Prayers and blessings

Colonel Dan,

You said it PERFECTLY!! I adored Papa Dave and loved spending time with him. 

Sending hugs to all who knew and loved him, 

Scarlett

Talked to him several times in the past when he came to the Mason Dixon Stampede and shot with him once down in Florida.  He was definitely one of those folks that leaves such a positive impression on you that you remember him.  He will be missed by everyone that he came in contact with.

RIP Papa Dave

Archived