SASS Wire Forum

Papa Dave

Whiskey Hayes #41999

Dave was one fine man. He was a wonderful supporter of our sport & an all around great guy. And, he was FAST, even at his advanced age. This is a big loss for us, but I'll wager God is giving Dave a huge welcome & a big hug right about now.

I had heard about 'Papa Dave' even before I ever met him, years back.

He was a great ambassador for our game/sport and a descent man to know.   He could make

a soul feel 'good' just being around him.   Many of us will miss him greatly.

My condolences to his family and closest friends and to his close partners at Wartrace.

RIP 'Papa Dave'.   

..........Widder

WOW THATS SAD NEWS; Papa Dave was a fantastic individual. Did not ever meet  him in person just by phone some time ago.

May he RIP and thoughts & prayers for family& God bless.

Jackrabbit Joe & Sly puppy

Holy smoke! This is indeed sad news. Papa Dave was one of a kind. We deeply loved this cowboy and will certainly miss him. We hope you can feel our hugs, Dave!

May you Rest In Peace, my friend.

… Shamrock Sadie and Knot Hardly Dunn

Sure sad news, gonna miss Papa Dave.  I bought one of his gun carts 2 years ago, you see many of those in the Southeast.  He was surely a fast shooter for his age and it'd be hard to outwork him on a posse.  A real loss in our shooting community.  Prayers up for the family.  RIP.

Kajun

What an incredible loss. Had the opportunity to shoot with him several times. A mentor and a fine example to all. RIP Papa Dave. Condolences to his family.

:FlagAm: Just at a loss of words.  A true gentleman who will be greatly missed by all who were fortunate to know him and call him a friend.  The drive to Tennessee this year will be somewhat longer.

Prayers on the way.

Chas B and Apple Annie

Very sad to hear. I had only emailed him a few times but never met him. I heard his name hundreds of times and watched him shoot in videos and looked forward to shooting with him. Prayers for his family and his Posse in Wartrace. 

I feel like I have to post a few pictures of Papa Dave. He was one of the great ones and will be missed by all! I had the privilege of going on several trips with him to matches including 5 times he and I traveled to EOT in New Mexico with Dodge City Dixie and Reno Mustang. We had even planned and were signed up for EOT in Phoenix next year. We will certainly miss him. 

Randy

BRVT3065.JPG

IMG_2012.JPG

IMG_0761.JPG

IMG_3284.JPG

IMG_3318.JPG

IMG_3321.JPG

One of the nicest people you could ever meet. Always a friend with a kind work. I'm just one of the many who will miss him and his smile.

JM

Archived