SASS Wire Forum

CAC...day one, rested!

Singin' Sue 71615

4 hours ago, Black Hills Barb said:

I saw it last night!  :lol:  Your reaction was great!

Totally off guard!

I couldn't believe it happened...and the dirty plates went 'smack' onto backs and heads of folks at one table.

They say it was happening again and again...Aspen and Sassy Boots had been filminng several, to no avail.

Wouldn't you know I would be the comic relief for the evening!:wub:

Well...Day one of the match is done.

Great, fun stages!!!

Pistols still not 100% reliable yet...gave them 3 stages then switched to the USFAs  and will complete the match with those.

Who knows, maybe I can make up the time I fiddled with today!!!

Wish y'all were here!

6 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Dave...I am at the camper now.

Did you not find me at dinner...I was 'meat Nazi #2':ph34r:

I was only there for the morning half of the Cowboy yard sale. The nature of my job has prevented me from signing up to a match a year in advance. So I cannot sign up for matches like Winter Range (now Land Run), CaC, etc that sell out so far in advance.

Because of some short notice changes, I worked a 13 hour shift that ended at 0500 Wednesday morning. At a little after nine Wednesday I had been up for 24 hours. So, after seeing the yard sale, checking out the vendors, Shaking hands with a lot of friends as well as some new ones, we headed for home, where I spent the rest of the afternoon asleep in my recliner.

At about 1600 this afternoon I found out that I am needed at work all day Saturday. This means that I will not be able to be the Match Director for a local Cody Dixon match.

Now what this about a food fight??????? Inquiring minds want to know.

Man it was great meeting so many folks yesterday. So nice to be able to put faces with names now.

15 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I was only there for the morning half of the Cowboy yard sale. The nature of my job has prevented me from signing up to a match a year in advance. So I cannot sign up for matches like Winter Range (now Land Run), CaC, etc that sell out so far in advance.

Because of some short notice changes, I worked a 13 hour shift that ended at 0500 Wednesday morning. At a little after nine Wednesday I had been up for 24 hours. So, after seeing the yard sale, checking out the vendors, Shaking hands with a lot of friends as well as some new ones, we headed for home, where I spent the rest of the afternoon asleep in my recliner.

At about 1600 this afternoon I found out that I am needed at work all day Saturday. This means that I will not be able to be the Match Director for a local Cody Dixon match.

.... Dave, I'm thinkin' you need a "better" job ....  ;)

1 hour ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

.... Dave, I'm thinkin' you need a "better" job ....  ;)

Great boss, good pay including OT pay, and low stress is what keeps me here. Right now I am on track to retire 3 to 4 years. Had Trump stayed in office, I probably could have retired in only 2 years.

My group consists of about 20 people divided into to main areas. We are over a mile from the rest of the company so there is very little administrative BS to put up with. Besides my own cubical, I have two other shops each over 200 yards from the main building. When our building was remodeled and updated we successfully lobbied to have a full kitchen installed in our break room. It includes a full size stove, refrigerator, upright freezer, ice machine and dish washer. We operate our own snak bar and have a nice gas BBQ, Charcoal BBQ and a Charcoal smoker out back. 

We all get along and work well as a team. Group cookouts are a regular occurrence. about 3 times a year the boss springs for one of the local BBQ joints to deliver lunch. He also buys a nice selection of ice cream snacks once a month.

The only real down side is working some rather unusual hours on occasion.

Given all the above I figure I'd be hard pressed to find a "better" job

@Sedalia Dave it was great to finally meet you.  Your job may be tough but the working conditions make up for it.  I always tried to keep my troops happy and they always gave me 110%.  Thanks for what you’re doing and doing it so well!

10 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Oh my WORD!!!

Jane Nelson-Rud has it posted on her fb page.

When you have a large fan placed in the doorway where folks are passing by to throw away their dinner plates....you get the picture!

The girls started filming folks after a few prior misshaps...and were very happy to capture mine on film.

I am not able to post it.

I'll see if Aspen will post it here.

I really felt bad for the gentleman who got smacked with the plate with the bite of leftover porkloin...as it hit the back of his neck!

18 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Dave, I take it back ......

....... any vacancies there ?

As a matter of fact Yes we have a couple of openings in my group.  Seems that no one wants to live in the sticks. They all want to live and work in the DFW metro area.

13 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Okay....here was Sassy Boots, Aspen Filly, Complicated Lady and those nearby's 'after dinner' entertainment...

Make sure your sound is on....

No joy....

OLG 

For those of you who don’t frequent the “Wahr” , here’s a tidbit from my post over there on the CAC thread!

Friday morning and…..

BLACKWATER IS BACK!!!!

I actually shot a couple of stages for the first time in well over two years!!

D6C34259-D0E4-4910-95E9-EA904353D73F.jpeg

69A4EC90-45E2-4510-B8FD-5FFBC5F066A6.jpeg

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

For those of you who don’t frequent the “Wahr” , here’s a tidbit from my post over there on the CAC thread!

Friday morning and…..

BLACKWATER IS BACK!!!!

I actually shot a couple of stages for the first time in well over two years!!

D6C34259-D0E4-4910-95E9-EA904353D73F.jpeg

69A4EC90-45E2-4510-B8FD-5FFBC5F066A6.jpeg

Lookin good, Brother!!!~!!

Day 3 is done.

I am thankful for a great posse who was patient with me through the match.

Tonight is awards, Costume Contest with Star Trek: The Next Generation...and Blackwater's band Milkbone !

Here are the only videos I was able to snag...

1 hour ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Y'all have a safe trip home.

Thank God for cowboy friends.

We were graciously offered to pull in overnight with Howling Wolf and Ivy Wild...only a 7 hour drive today...will finish the 5 hours tomorrow.

Man, I am so grateful...I am beat!

Home safe yesterday evening!!  We had a great time at the blowout in the barn after the awards!!  Lots of dancers and great giveaways!!

Gonna' rest up a little and just enjoy the flashbacks for the next couple of days!!

Archived