SASS Wire Forum

What do you all think about "Pearl Handled Revolvers"?

Pat Riot

38 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Who cares what other people think! If they don't like it, they can shove their pink AR up their nose.

Yep, yep, yep!

I was mostly curious to see if anyone had functional problems with imitation pearl grips and I was curious who liked them. 
They aren’t for everyone. I have never put them on a gun. I have always been a wood grip guy, but I do believe these will look really nice on my stainless NRV. 

I saw someone with a high polish stainless or nickel gun that had a dark gray [or grey] swirl pearl look grip. It was very sharp.

Just an FYI to all you fans of Altamont grips. 

Regardless of checkering, engraving or smooth finish, all grips are 4 to 6 weeks from ordering to delivery. I spoke with a gent there today to make sure they had my correct address and he told me that all their grips are blanks until ordered and then they are processed as orders come in. He said it might be possible that they may come to me sooner, but not to count on that. 
I didn’t get a chance to ask him if the reason for the delays had t do with other obligations, like supplying grips to S&W and Ruger because something in their office area apparently fell and he said “Oops! I gotta go. Have a nice day Sir.”

Hopefully all is well there. 

Altamont grips makes grips for OEM gun makers including Ruger.  I bought some fake ivory grips and those were the most brittle things I have ever handled.  Chipped, cracked and split just trying to put them on.  Hopefully the fake pearl grips are made out of a different material.  Probably should have tried to get replacements from Altamont but I just tossed them in the trash.  Lesson learned not to buy fake ivory.  I put grip spacers on my Ruger grips to help prevent damage from over tightening.  Nylon spacers from ACE.  1/2" for OMV.  7/16" for NMV.

DSC_0003.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Altamont grips makes grips for OEM gun makers including Ruger.  I bought some fake ivory grips and those were the most brittle things I have ever handled.  Chipped, cracked and split just trying to put them on.  Hopefully the fake pearl grips are made out of a different material.  Probably should have tried to get replacements from Altamont but I just tossed them in the trash.  Lesson learned not to buy fake ivory.  I put grip spacers on my Ruger grips to help prevent damage from over tightening.  Nylon spacers from ACE.  1/2" for OMV.  7/16" for NMV.

DSC_0003.jpeg

Good idea! Thank you. 

Maybe in a month I can let you know how my new grip panels fit…hopefully sans chipping. ;)

Archived