SASS Wire Forum

Avast Matey!

All songs and shanties will be performed in the key of ARRR!!!

24 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

It was easy to guess the pirate's favorite musical instrument. It had to be the guit-arrr.

6 minutes ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

It was easy to guess the pirate's favorite musical instrument. It had to be the guit-arrr.

The Harrrrp

1 minute ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The Harrrrp

image.png.eef6cb1832fead85f81ed815cfe220b7.png:o:P

My favorite pirate has always been Long John Silver played by the "patron saint" of  the annual international Talk like a Pirate Day, Robert Newton.  He was credited with the popularizing the stereotypical "Pirate Voice".

I think I will dig out my DVD copy of  Treasure Island.  I bought it for my grandchildren to watch about 8 yrs ago and I watched it with them.  Robert Newton stole every scene that he was in, kind of like Val Kilmer in Tombstone

5 hours ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

Arrrr!  I'm all set for the Pirate Action Shooting Society.  Let's see, stage one, double tap on 3 targets, OK, I'm good for that...

image.png.9f6827c25232206912c6d04e05d300ec.png

BTW he'd better hope that second pistol from the bottom doesn't go off, or he'll be saying "Arrr...!" in falsetto. :blink:

6 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Forty Rod can't wait! His favorite day of the year.

JHC

laughing-donkeys7.jpg

Riiiiight!  I'll just stay home and hope someone comes by to "aahrrrg" me.  I need the target practice.

Stupidest day of recognition in the world.....tied for first place with a few hundred others.

7 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Blacky, my friend, that is a sea CHANTY.  If you're going a viking with your brother buccaneers, you'll have to correct that.

Vike away, me bucko.

5 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Blacky, my friend, that is a sea CHANTY.  If you're going a viking with your brother buccaneers, you'll have to correct that.

Vike away, me bucko.

It is so nice to see somebody that is aware that Viking is a verb, not a noun. When the scandahoovians decided to go out and rob and pillage and plunder, they would go Viking. They were not Vikings. They were Swedes, or Danes, or Norsemen. And they would go Viking.

Avast ya swabs…step up and get yerselves to the bar. Me bucko Bottles is settin’ us up with some princely grog and some salmagundi to fill yer innards! ;)

12 hours ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

Robert Newton.  He was credited with the popularizing the stereotypical "Pirate Voice".

We were all up at Baby Girl's & there was a bunch in the den watching a ball game & another bunch of us sitting around the dining room table drinking likker & swapping lies.  One of the kids came in from the den & said "Pirates."  I found it gratifying that everybody at the table, young and old, responded "Yaaaarrrrgh."

Archived