SASS Wire Forum

Puzzle of the day.

There are several versions of this one puzzle, where all of the words are misspelled. But they start with the correct letter, and they end with the correct letter, and they are the right length. And the blurb explains how only super intelligent people can read this. Everyone I've seen I could read like straight print. No problem. I would see it and my brain would immediately decide what it should be, and that's what I would read.

So because my brain could immediately figure out and fix the mistakes on that problem, I am extremely smart. :rolleyes:

Then we have this one. And because my brain sees, recognizes, and fixes the problem, so I read it straight through without getting hung up, it means I'm stupid. :wacko:

I guess what it really is, is it these internet word problems are idiotic, and mean nothing, whether or not you can decipher them.

@Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984

@Alpo

2021_09_16_11_47_08.jpg.10fe3d6c03fc3a0f2fdf6f41b6c47568.jpg

Actually,  it is called Typoglycemia

See how easily you can read the paragraph below.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Typoglycemia is the ability to read a paragraph like the one above despite the jumbled words.

Archived