SASS Wire Forum

Improper coaching <> reshoot

wyliefoxEsquire

23 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Shooter loses track of target order when drawing second pistol and asks TO which target to shoot. TO tells him wrong. Shooter isn't entitled to a reshoot.

Ok. PaleWolf says that is improper coaching and shooter is offered a reshoot.

What if TO says nothing and just let's the shooter continue on their own? Secondly would it matter if the shooter had not requested coaching before the start?

7 minutes ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

Ok. PaleWolf says that is improper coaching and shooter is offered a reshoot.

What if TO says nothing and just let's the shooter continue on their own? Secondly would it matter if the shooter had not requested coaching before the start?

SHB pg 18

Proper coaching or no coaching at all is NOT considered RO interference and will never be grounds for a reshoot.   

I am not at all bashful to ask the TO to go through the Stage with me before shooting so I am clear. If I have a RCI, that is on me, not the TO.

4 hours ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

There's a difference between not requesting coaching and asking/demanding no coaching.

Not requesting coaching should not prevent proper coaching by the T/O.

A T/O should always try to "safely assist" a shooter in preventing safety violations/penalties if possible.

In regard to DEMANDING complete silence during stage engagement (including the entire posse's background chatter), here's an example that didn't end well for a shooter at a large annual event:

Shooter insisted on absolutely NO distractions while shooting (even refused to shoot after a BP shooter due to the possibility of lingering smoke).

T/O complied with that "request" and stood silently while the shooter "P"d all over the stage. :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

An experienced shooter would deserve the p. The T/O doesn't give out p's. The shooter earns them.  Same with DQ's.

He did.
(unfortunately, only one "P" may be assessed per stage)

12 hours ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

There's a difference between not requesting coaching and asking/demanding no coaching.

Not requesting coaching should not prevent proper coaching by the T/O.

A T/O should always try to "safely assist" a shooter in preventing safety violations/penalties if possible.

In regard to DEMANDING complete silence during stage engagement (including the entire posse's background chatter), here's an example that didn't end well for a shooter at a large annual event:

Shooter insisted on absolutely NO distractions while shooting (even refused to shoot after a BP shooter due to the possibility of lingering smoke).

T/O complied with that "request" and stood silently while the shooter "P"d all over the stage. :ph34r:

Awwww but that relieved the pressure.:rolleyes:

Archived