SASS Wire Forum

Finally got my custom grips back

Bearfoot Tracker

When I first started CAS earlier this year, I had in mind that I wanted these grips.

I later second guessed myself, but went ahead and had someone make them for me anyhow.

I know these type of grips are old news but I like the way they look on these guns.

And they are narrower and feel better than the factory grips.

1800441446_HolySmokerGrips.jpg.be003eac7d96d3684aba0122bf896a74.jpg

On 9/16/2021 at 5:54 AM, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Are you a lefty?

No I am a righty. I had the crosses put on both sides. The wood is Ebony. I figured since I can't shoot fast .... I might as well look fast.

My last shoot was in July due to my guns being tuned and my grips being made. I plan on shooting with the guns tomorrow at the Annual Ripshin Round up with the Gunpowder Creek Regulators. With only have three matches in under my belt, I am hoping I can get through my first match without a penalty in a stage. My memory sucks sometime on the more complex target sequences. I like more knock down targets on stages.

20 hours ago, Chief Rick said:

Looks like Joe Perkins' work.  Very nice.

Walt Marston with Marston Gun Leather made these for me. He also made my holster.

One gun is a 45 Colt and the other is 357. I know I should be using the same caliber for all my guns, but I did not want to shoot all 45s, but always wanted a 45 Colt. So, I shoot the 45 with my strong hand, the 357 with my weak side, and 357 in the 1873 lever.

On 9/17/2021 at 5:06 AM, Bearfoot Tracker said:

One gun is a 45 Colt and the other is 357. I know I should be using the same caliber for all my guns, but I did not want to shoot all 45s, but always wanted a 45 Colt. So, I shoot the 45 with my strong hand, the 357 with my weak side, and 357 in the 1873 lever.

As long as you’re careful it’s fine. I’ve shot 4 calibers at a match before as well as a 10 and 12 gauge shotgun. I just make sure every round is marked a different color so I don’t mix them up 

4 hours ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

As long as you’re careful it’s fine. I’ve shit 4 calibers at a match before as well as a 10 and 12 gauge shotgun. I just make sure every round is marked a different color so I don’t mix them up 

As long as I load the 38's in on the rifle and one pistol first, I should be fine. Then again .... I can't even remember the sequences of targets I'm supposed to shot at. LOL

On 9/17/2021 at 8:00 AM, Bearfoot Tracker said:

My memory sucks sometime on the more complex target sequences.

Two ideas, (if your club shoots "when ready"). Identify the better shooters, watch how they shoot the stage, shoot after them, or shoot first, before you forget.

21 hours ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

I’ve shit 4 calibers at a match before

Haven't we all !!!

2 hours ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

Two ideas, (if your club shoots "when ready"). Identify the better shooters, watch how they shoot the stage, shoot after them, or shoot first, before you forget.

Haven't we all !!!

Oops

Archived