SASS Wire Forum

Question About Gunbroker Purchase (PROBLEM)

Rube Burrows

About 3 or 4 months ago I bought a set of 22-250 dies  Off the sass wireThe seller was in Arizona and I'm in Nevada he sent me the tracking number They went to some state back East and sat there for 2 or 3 weeks Then one day they just showed up out of the blue

Thanks for all the info guys. I will give it some more time. Its hard knowing I have so much money out there on a limb somewhere though. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt since he does have good feedback and he is communicating with me. 

On 9/15/2021 at 8:32 AM, Rube Burrows said:

Thanks for all the info guys. I will give it some more time. Its hard knowing I have so much money out there on a limb somewhere though. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt since he does have good feedback and he is communicating with me. 

Think of it this way, if Biden's tax plan goes through that $1,400.00 will seem pretty insignificant.

My FFL USPS 2 day shipped a revolver to Texas early this year. Took 7 days.

I USPS shipped a Marlin Centennial to Washington once that got momentarily lost, like two weeks. Ended up being in the back of the destination post office with no label and under a pile of other boxes, IIRC.

Shipped an Uberti 40-65 High Wall to Texas about 10 years ago. The stock got broke. Took United Parcel Service 3-4 months to settle the claim for the replacement stock.

Last December, it took 21 days for a Lee dipper I shipped to make it to Texas.

In early August I bought 1000 124 grain 9mm plated bullets from Powder Valley. The box was shipped UPS.  Tracking emails indicated the package was to be delivered on a Friday.  It even stated "out for delivery" on that Friday.  It didn't show up nor did I get the usual delivered email.  The status didn't change for another week then it changed to searching for it in their Kansas warehouse.  Stayed that way so I contacted Powder Valley.  The were great.  They sent out a new package & stated that when UPS completed the search by finding the package it would be returned to Powder Valley.  Last week I got a tracking email from UPS saying their search turned up nothing.  Never had a lost package before.  Had one during the Christmas season that bounced all over the southwest for more than a week.  I did have a XL650 press aftermarket enhancement that was shipped USPS from Alaska a few years back.  It fit in one of those padded envelopes.  Six months later I was walking my dogs along our road & found a opened padded envelop on the shoulder.  I picked it up & found a packing slip which listed the press enhancement I had to reorder.  Some scumbag had stolen it out of my mailbox which is located 1 1/4 miles from my house.

As others have said, hang in there. Used to be around here when a package got to Nashua, NH, it would be at my PO in Vermont the next day. Couple weeks ago I ordered several things on Amazon; the packages arrived as expected, one day from Nashua. All but one; the first to arrive there said it was processed and then they sat on it for 6 days before sending it along to my PO! Seems they would just throw it in the cage to Vermont with all the others, why sit on it for a week? When I ask the Postmaster she just shrugs and says she has no idea either. Good Luck Rube.

Well, after no contact for a few days the seller emailed me this morning with new tracking info and it appears that it will be delivered today good Lord willing. My mail runs between 1 and 3 usually so we shall see. I will update when/if it arrives. 

1 hour ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Well there you go.  Be sure to give the seller a positive review.

Already done. I have never had the mail booger up a package this long. Just glad it arrived all in good shape. 

On 9/20/2021 at 5:10 PM, Rube Burrows said:

Well, it is finally here. Wasn't sure if it would ever get here but it did finally. 

Original 1887

IMG_2668.jpg

It would have been a shame not to have received this. NICE!

On 9/16/2021 at 5:44 PM, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Think of it this way, if Biden's tax plan goes through that $1,400.00 will seem pretty insignificant.

Before the election traitor joe said no one that made less than $400,000, per year, would see any tax hike. If he was coherent, perhaps someone should ask him about that...oh....I forgot. He doesn't take any questions from anyone. Draw your own conclusions.  

10 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

It would have been a shame not to have received this. NICE!

Thanks I know. I really wanted this one. Would have hated for this to get lost or stolen somewhere. Happy it all worked out. 

Archived