SASS Wire Forum

Spaghetti Cowboy Action Shooting?

Warden Callaway

United States of America Logo | Free Logo Design Tool from Flaming Text

Et meme d’ailleurs s’y sont reunis

Translates to: Even by the way met there

I'm amazed at how much effort these people put into playing cowboy. I'm not sure what the motivation. I'm thinking trying to experience an American freedom. 

At our local Saturday match. Sangsik Park and family came out to watch. They are here from South Korea.  He's finishing a degree at the University of Missouri in Columbia.  Squash Blossom is showing Sangsik her Marlin 1894.  Big guy on left is some kind of guide. Sangsik was very interested in the whole event and I talked with him a good bit.  He had served 2 years in the South Korean military and was trained to use a rifle.  I showed him my Marlin 1889 44WCF made in 1891. He seemed impressed and asked a lot of questions. "So heavy."  I was shooting black powder so put out a lot of smoke and flame. He took pictures of me shooting. 

1936877996_KoreanatmatchSept2021.jpg.f07436b40dd37700083e82dce5528e62.jpg

We happen to have a whole family there shooting, including a buckaroo and buckarooet,  so they could see it was a family event.

2 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

United States of America Logo | Free Logo Design Tool from Flaming Text

Et meme d’ailleurs s’y sont reunis

Translates to: Even by the way met there

It makes a bit more sense with the diacritics added:
Et même d’ailleurs s'y sont réunis = And even some of them met there.

1 hour ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Nice crowd.  Except for the language, could be anywhere.

34 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

I notice that all the range commands are in English. Names on the props in English. 

...... the guns all seemed to speak English too ........   :)

:ph34r:

3 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Very good!

Try this one.

That first ol' boy burning charcoal shoots like I do: smoky, deliberate, slow, and not too accurately.

I was a lot better when I was wearing a younger man's clothes. 

Anyone notice the fellow in the second video at 2:19 reholster his crossdraw? Pretty sure he broke the 170 by 30 or so degrees. And I counted only 4 rounds, unless the 5th took place before the video edit. Otherwise, looked like a fun setup. I guess I’m just a stickler regarding the 170 rule. :ph34r:

On the Zawody video they sure don't seem to be any hurry. Getting up to the line or shooting! Talking in another language until the RO was ready to hit the beep.

6 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Very good!

Try this one.

Zawody First School Shot organizowane przez Polskie Stowarzyszenie Strzelectwa Westernowego na strzelnicy 1st Western Shooting Range Stary Chrząstów w dniu 11.09.2021. Konkurencja Cowboy Action Shooting

That being translated (by Google)

First School Shot competition organized by the Polish Association of Western Shooting at the 1st Western Shooting Range Stary Chrząstów on 09/11/2021. Cowboy Action Shooting competition

Il fait chaud---- it is hot (actually, it makes hot, but that's not how we say it).

Chaud.........HOT!  :wub:

I keep looking for an old friend and neighbour, who was the head Gendarme at the Embassy here in Ottawa, Lawman.

Stephane, if you're out there, say Howdy! 

Archived