SASS Wire Forum

Rotary Tumblers with Steel Pins

Laresen I like the look of the new strainer caps for the FA drums and may have to give them a try.  The only issue I've had with the FA set up was a motor that burned out, they replaced the entire pkg so I now have two drums etc..  Using their gear from soup to nuts including the seperator, dryer and the very handy magnet.

With the pins, teaspoon of lemi shine, and a squirt of dawn dish soap my tumble time is no more than 2 hours.

25 minutes ago, SOUTH-PACIFIC,SASS #59402 said:

i use dish soap and lemon shine wher do i look for the tratos fere stuff

Rio Grande Jewelry Supply. Google them.

On 9/14/2021 at 2:34 PM, Yul Lose said:

Don’t use pins, use Stratosheen instead.

Tried the Stratosheen really make them cases shine but it didn't clean the primer pockets and inside of cases as well as the pins and the cleaner packets from FA. I then Dry them in a dehydrator .

If I'm going to go through the trouble to clean the brass, " I want all of it clean" :rolleyes:

I notice that some or most of the ones using the Stratosheen do not de-prime before cleaning. Due to some prior problems with dirty Pockets, I now make sure that they are clean

JM

46 minutes ago, J. M. BROWN, SASS # 27309 said:

Tried the Stratosheen really make them cases shine but it didn't clean the primer pockets and inside of cases as well as the pins and the cleaner packets from FA. I then Dry them in a dehydrator .

If I'm going to go through the trouble to clean the brass, " I want all of it clean" :rolleyes:

I notice that some or most of the ones using the Stratosheen do not de-prime before cleaning. Due to some prior problems with dirty Pockets, I now make sure that they are clean

JM

I’ve never had a problem with dirty primer pockets and don’t care what the insides look like. I don’t like separating the pins and Strato Sheen  does everything I want it to do. It ain’t for everybody and neither are stainless steel pins, different strokes for different folks.

Archived