SASS Wire Forum

is this new? what is its purpose?

Alpo

13 minutes ago, Derringer Dan said:

Got a LONG way to go to reach y’all’s level. Just us humble newbies without the badge.  

strong-you-are-hang-in-there-meme.jpg.1d228687615fa45b8882f20e725ff9a2.jpg

And then there is the "SHIELD" ! :o

My guess now is that if you accumulate enough accolades, your avatar will disappear and you will no longer be seen on the Forum! :P

2021_09_14_07_12_27.jpg.b3ab9b300733bb9854cf660a21b804c6.jpg

For much of the day, there has been a banner at the top of the page saying something about indexing the database so search might not be working...

Well, maybe that is true but I suspect it was part of a bigger update.

Now, I get to see my whatsit, or if I even have a whatsit.

On edit: I see I have the rocket whatsit. Meh.

34 minutes ago, Patagonia Pete said:

They use the same software on the Brian Enos forum ... AND ... there .. I noticed the "hand" actually indicates a "new" user the the shield identifies a moderator. 

For newbies we should have a foot, stepping on a cactus, making it a tender foot ......   :rolleyes:

I didn't get a hand, just a finger.  If you put your cursor on the little blue things it will tell you what they are.  The shield is for a moderator.  I thought those were supposed to be as secret as the number of SASS members.

The hand is for new members.

On 9/14/2021 at 11:09 AM, Joke 'um said:

It shows that the poster has been fact checked and approved for internet service by the Public Information Safety Service.

These posters are harmless and do not contradict the approved truth or unduly upset the old folks.

I bet they never use an acronym.

Archived