SASS Wire Forum

is this new? what is its purpose?

Alpo

I noticed this morning that several posters' avatars have a check mark next to them. But not all of them.

I don't know if this is been going on for a while, or if it just started today. But however long it's been going on, why?

In the following screenshot, notice that Pat has a check mark, while buckshot does not.

Screenshot_20210914-054954~2.png

12 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I don't think that's a check mark.  It looks like a rocket or a hypodermic needle.  

You're right. Upon reading your post, I blew the screen up immensely, and it does appear to be a rocket ship. The choice of looking at little pictures on the telephone.

All right. What is the purpose of the rocket ship?

You'd think they would have something a little more "cowboy" instead of a rocket ship! DUH!

If you touch it, it says “Share, Add to Photos, Copy”. What you get is the image of the little circle with the rocket.
I wonder why someone thinks I would want the image.
If it tied to the particular poster’s information it might have been useful. We already had that capacity without the little rocket circle.

So back to Alpo’s OP.
What’s it’s purpose?

CJ

5 minutes ago, Okiepan said:

What's an avatar ?

That little picture that you use to represent you!

This forum  is a "service" paid for by SASS.  This way SASS doesn't have all the hassles of dealing with an online forum. Unfortunately  If the service updates things, like little rocket ships to indicate whatever the hell little  rocket ships  are meant to convey, it is just part of the service.

7 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Don't know what it is for but nine out of ten people, including Alpo, are marked as Space Cadets.

I notice that everyone I’ve seen with a circle rocket have over 1K of posts. I don’t have more than 1K posts and I am not a Space Cadet. Maybe it’s a badge marker?

CJ

It shows that the poster has been fact checked and approved for internet service by the Public Information Safety Service. 

These posters are harmless and do not contradict the approved truth or unduly upset the old folks.

46 minutes ago, Joke 'um said:

It shows that the poster has been fact checked and approved for internet service by the Public Information Safety Service. 

These posters are harmless and do not contradict the approved truth or unduly upset the old folks.

So, if you are not approved, you are P.I.S.S.ed off?:huh:

Archived