SASS Wire Forum

Lady Frontier Cartridge Duelist!

Singin' Sue 71615

19 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

SIMPLY OUTSTANDING  :D

But . . . . That Shotgun needs Outside Hammers  :rolleyes:

Got one! My first gun hubby bought me. I use it when I shoot CCowgirl.

BUT...I will only shoot bp shells with it! The bruises that smokeless kick causes!!!:rolleyes:

YEPPER.  COACH guns do tend to kick harder.  The lighter the Shotgun, the more they kick ya.  I like heavier shotguns and since I am a card carrying recoil wimp, I also add a nice thick Pachmyre Recoil Pad to em.

I don't shoot smokeless anymore.  Not really fun.  Dark Side be funner.  I load All Brass Hulls for my Hammer guns, use APP and a one ounce pay load.  Very forgiving and kind to an Old Guy.

6 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Got one! My first gun hubby bought me. I use it when I shoot CCowgirl.

BUT...I will only shoot bp shells with it! The bruises that smokeless kick causes!!!:rolleyes:

One cowboy buddy's wife picked up his hammered double by accident at a match. Shot the stage anyway and now shoots it all the time since the heavier gun produces less felt recoil. He loads an equivalent to LNLR .

If you want a bit of perspective... swallow two Ibuprofen, wait and hour, then shoot a pair of #1 buck from yer coach gun...
I wanted to see just how bad this load really is.. with my Daly 500 and steel butt pad.
Yessum... it does indeed kick.

PAST used to make a shooting pad for the ladies that attached to a bra strap. Several female LEOs used them when SG qualifications on the range.

6 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

What is this bra you speak of???:ph34r:

I am not EVEN gonna try to figure out an answer...

If you can do just a bit of kitchen table gunsmithing,  you can add an once or more to where it can help by filing in the space under the rib with lead shot.   Drill a hole in the filling material just above the rib at the muzzle.   Fill with as much small shot as possible.   Mix up a dab of J B Weld to fill the hole.  It adds enough weight to just notice.  Seems to help.   

One can also install a dead mule in the butt stock bolt hole.
Remove the pad, fill a suitable bag/baggie with lead shot sufficient to fill the hole.
Reinstall the butt pad.

This will add a lot of mass to the gun and is entirely reversible.
This also changes the balance point, which may/may not be objectionable.

Archived