SASS Wire Forum

7pm

Utah Bob #35998

Tonight’s sunset special at Bob’s outdoor Western Wilderness Cigar Bar. A Fuente Gran Reserva and some Buffalo Trace Bourbon.

Looks like a good sunset is shaping up.

704AD05E-2A50-4E13-99A3-828373BC8B04.jpeg

D97F7B7B-D806-46FA-B5B6-51445DD4EA60.jpeg

6 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Hope you got a photo of the sunset.  Did it come up to your expectations?

Alas it did not. But it was better than looking at a condo.;)

121491D2-C0D6-4A46-99A9-2AEC5D1F2FD7.jpeg

Why, I would say that was a SPLENDID sunset!!  Heck, I can smell the sagebrush from here.  ^_^

3 hours ago, Rex M Rugers #6621 said:

Is that picture from your place , Bob ? I didn't think you had neighbors that close.

No matter , still better than a condo.

Rex:D

Yes that’s from my front yard. It’s an empty house. No one has lived there in the 15 years we’ve been here, it recently sold to a solar company. By this time next year that high ground between me and the sunset will be full of solar panels. And my property value will be down the drain. :(

10 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

And my property value will be down the drain. :(

Maybe not.  One of the guys who has to maintain those panels would likely love to live within walking distance of work.  When you see employees over there, invite them over for a beer and find out who is interested.  The worst that could happen is you will have a beer with a new friend!  ;)

When selling something, you only need one person to agree on your price, not the whole world.

5 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Maybe not.  One of the guys who has to maintain those panels would likely love to live within walking distance of work.  When you see employees over there, invite them over for a beer and find out who is interested.  The worst that could happen is you will have a beer with a new friend!  ;)

When selling something, you only need one person to agree on your price, not the whole world.

The place will be fully automated with only an occasional human being. And I doubt anyone would want to buy 40 acres just to be close to work. Cause we ain’t close to anything else that’s for sure.

5 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

The place will be fully automated with only an occasional human being. And I doubt anyone would want to buy 40 acres just to be close to work. Cause we ain’t close to anything else that’s for sure.

If you aren’t planning to move, it’s a moot point.

I was glad to see the military decoration that I consider to be the most envied by those of us that don't have it.  I was offered the opportunity to earn one by volunteering for nighttime patrol leader around the IIFFV compound.  I didn't take the opportunity.  I was pleased with my decision then but wish I had done otherwise now.

Glad to see the smile!

16 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

If you aren’t planning to move, it’s a moot point.

I was actually considering it. :(

I just moved here last year, but am totally in love with this area, the Arkansas Ozarks! Great CAS clubs too!

On 9/12/2021 at 8:30 PM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Why, I would say that was a SPLENDID sunset!!  Heck, I can smell the sagebrush from here.  ^_^

With the yellow flowers this time of year it is most likely rabbit brush.  Other than sheet grass, goat head & Russian thistle (tumble weed) it is the only thing that grows in Fallon unless next to the Carson River, Carson Sink or an irrigation ditch.  To dry here for sagebrush to grow.  I never herd of Rabbit brush until I moved to Fallon.  Go 20 miles west of here & the dominant brush is sagebrush.

At least you won't have a bunch of Compressor engines running nearby.

Largo

7 hours ago, J.D. Daily said:

With the yellow flowers this time of year it is most likely rabbit brush.  Other than sheet grass, goat head & Russian thistle (tumble weed) it is the only thing that grows in Fallon unless next to the Carson River, Carson Sink or an irrigation ditch.  To dry here for sagebrush to grow.  I never herd of Rabbit brush until I moved to Fallon.  Go 20 miles west of here & the dominant brush is sagebrush.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbitbrush

Archived