SASS Wire Forum

A new method works, she stopped complaining

Trigger Mike

This morning we were getting ready to go to an extra church meeting we have some Saturdays.   To help set the stage, back in the mid 1980s my girlfriend,  now my wife sent me a picture while I was in basic training.   Her hair was full and curled up high and back.  My buddies thought she looked mature enough to be my mom, though she was 18.  It's a favorite picture of mine.

This morning as I was getting ready,  she got on a soap box about my closet needing to be organized.   She has a habit that when she gets on an issue she builds herself up into a crescendo higher and louder.  As she is getting louder I noticed her hair was similar to the favorite picture she sent to me in basic.  As she continued I started smiling at her beauty .  I also started smiling as I was wondering in my mind if it was a good time to quote the song, " you're not much fun since I quit drinking".  Even though I never was much of a drinker.

She suddenly stopped mid sentence and walked out.  I complained asking why she walked out.  She came back in saying she knew what I was thinking.  I said I was thinking about how beautiful you are with your hair like it was in the picture you sent me in basic.  She raised her head in the air and sighed a disgusted sigh and walked off again.  I finished getting dressed in quiet.

She told me tonight that she walked away because the look that was on my face was the condescending smile that told her I was thinking,  " oh look, she is yelling at me but she is so pretty, lalala, lala, I don't hear her because she is so pretty".  " I think I'll go back in my mind to 35 years ago and think about how pretty she is".  

I'm asking isn't that a good thing?

"Behind every angry woman is a husband with no idea of what he did wrong."

On 9/11/2021 at 10:54 PM, Trigger Mike said:

She told me tonight that she walked away because the look that was on my face was the condescending smile that told her I was thinking,  " oh look, she is yelling at me but she is so pretty, lalala, lala, I don't hear her because she is so pretty".  " I think I'll go back in my mind to 35 years ago and think about how pretty she is".  

I'm asking isn't that a good thing?

Should have asked then if she wanted to make a baby!

Archived