SASS Wire Forum

Creekers Journey Continues

Creeker, SASS #43022

Well, 2021 continues to test me.

I fell on Thursday evening - completely my clumsy fault.

But I was on concrete and tried to catch myself - I managed to break both wrists. 

Just got home from the ER and starting to look at all the things I wont be doing for a while.

Did you feel in one way or another less stable on your feet compared to before having covid? Do you think you would have not stumbled or would have been able to better catch yourself previously. Or was it just a coincidentally bad luck accident.  Very sorry to hear of all that has happened to you recently. Best of luck in the future.

3 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Slowly.

And 1 finger typing.

Is there a program that will allow you to talk and have it write for you?  Might help with your novel and with stage writing.

38 minutes ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Is there a program that will allow you to talk and have it write for you?  Might help with your novel and with stage writing.

There is.  I may to look into it.

Not sure I can go without lengthy wire diatribes for 6-8 weeks.

I feel for ya', Pard!  This is the forth time in as many years that I've had to learn to walk again!!  Twice, major surgery on my left foot put me on a knee scooter, (a vile and dangerous contraption designed to throw you to the ground violently and without warning) or in a chair for as much as seven months at a time!  Twice more due to infections I contracted from the hospital that required more surgery and or an extended stay in a rehab facility.  

I've been back on both feet now for what will be three weeks this coming Wednesday.  Today was the first time since the first of April that I walked across my front yard without the use of a cane or crutches!!  Inactivity has sapped my strength and stamina to the point that I'll have to sit quietly for five minutes after three minutes of the most moderate exertion!!  I tried to pick up a small floor jack and set it on the tailgate of my truck to try to repair it and spent the next ten minutes sitting there in a chair 'til I regained my equilibrium and kinda' caught my breath!

Just when I think I'm making some progress in my recovery, I find myself out of breath, struggling to remain standing, or just so tired and weak that I can't do what I need to do!!   Been like this off and on since April of 2017!!  

Mama said there'd be days like this!!  She never said that there'd be so many and that they'd all come in a row!! :o :wacko: :angry:

Hope you have a speedy and complete recovery!

On 9/11/2021 at 3:18 PM, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Slowly.

And 1 finger typing.

That oughta slow down book production a bit.   Hope you get full use back and soon.  You've definitely paid your dues this year.  

22 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Sorry to hear this Creeker. But just think, there's still 4 months left in 2021!

OMG! That made me laugh outloud! You are THE 2021 friend of of friends! 

Bless your heart @Creeker, SASS #43022, you’ve had a time of it!  I’m REALLY sorry and hope, very much, that you heal up QUICKLY!!!

Great big healing hugs!

Scarlett

Ms. Mary Matilda and I feel some of your pain; as we have just recovered from Covid-19 ourownselves....  ...yes, we are both fully vaccinated; and are now a breakthrough covid statistic...   ...get well, be careful, prayers up for your complete recovery...

On 9/11/2021 at 1:15 PM, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

Did you feel in one way or another less stable on your feet compared to before having covid? Do you think you would have not stumbled or would have been able to better catch yourself previously. Or was it just a coincidentally bad luck accident.  Very sorry to hear of all that has happened to you recently. Best of luck in the future.

I am less stable since Covid.

But I have history of torn up ankles and knees - and I have been known to trip over shadows - so combine my natural state of unsteadiness, an unven surface and bad luck...

I can't blame this on Covid.

On 9/11/2021 at 3:18 PM, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Slowly.

And 1 finger typing.

I'm not going to ask which finger.

I can’t believe your luck!  If you believe that everything eventually evens out then when the pendulum swings the other way you should be hitting the winning lottery numbers.   Wishing you a complete and speedy recovery. 

Archived