SASS Wire Forum

Stage props

Matthew Duncan

September 24 to 26 Wolff's Rowdy Rangers is having their 11th annual "Shootout at Shakey's Gulch".  Match theme is taken from a cowboy movie.  One of the props:

I just spent today working on more props for this year's Southeast Regional. Now, I just have one more stage to wrap up!

I do like how several matches, including EOT this year, are swinging back to incorporating simple props as part of the stage design.

In the beginning, props were an important part of the SASS game. It is true that some times those were taken to the extreme.

Then, for a while there, the pendulum swung the other way and you would never see any props. Even mentioning them was like saying a four letter word in church.

Now, hopefully, the pendulum is swinging back the other way a bit. Don't believe that it needs to go full swing back, but there are smart ways that you can incorporate props into a match.

Are you guys having to play harmonicas before the "beep?"  :P

Would love to attend, but It's the same week-end as our club annual. Thinking about attending you Oct. monthly. Any suggestions on a nice place to stay and a good local eatery would be appreciated.

7 hours ago, Marshal Chance Morgun said:

Any suggestions on a nice place to stay and a good local eatery would be appreciated.

Local town of Bristol has a few eateries.

On site RV with 30 AMP restrooms and showers.  Or http://wolffsrowdyrangers.com/Bunkhouses/

Archived