SASS Wire Forum

Fun with our Canadian members

On 5/6/2022 at 7:49 AM, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

mp-assn-cartoon-thunderbird-journal-no-4-fall-1984-p2-corrected_orig.png

The Scotty cartoons, I remember them well, and I remember him well.  He was in the Navy and transferred to the Air Force and became an MP.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

It's Canadian, ..... what more do you need to know ?  <_<

I know if it was Australia it would be a spider. That's about the size of some of them man-killing Aussie spiders, ain't it?

Maybe got in a fight with a koala, and got one of its legs bit off.

Whenever you think about your President discussing NORAD with the Canadian Prime Moron Minister, just remember this is him.

Pray for us.

l2-LXAl-QEap-AP.png

This is really frightening, Canada's Military is developing a new WMD:

Schermafbeelding 2022-06-28 152351.jpg

I also can't see how you pronounce watch cap.

I thought it was one syllable - took. Your picture shows toque with two syllables, but again, too small and blurry to make out.

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

What is the rockets? I can't tell from the picture - it's too small and blurry. Is it fireworks? Is it hot dogs?

????

A small, pill like candy and the toque is pronounced "TOOOK"

We'll make you an Honorary Canadian before you know it Alpo.

3 hours ago, Alpo said:

What is the rockets? I can't tell from the picture - it's too small and blurry. Is it fireworks? Is it hot dogs?

????

The Rockets are what we call Smarties

After doing a little bit of research, I come up with this.

Smarties, in Canada, appear to be M&Ms made by Nestle instead of by Mars. Candy-coated chocolate.

P6174798.thumb.JPG.44e243c707cd33eb1338f4f8b08dc543.JPG

I remember Smarties in the states. I don't ever recall seeing them in the stores, and I certainly would not have ever bought any, but used to get them in at Halloween. Right up there with getting a toothbrush, or the penny taped to a piece of construction paper with a note saying to keep that Penny and you will never be broke. Slightly chalky, slightly sour, and slightly sweet. Totally worthless junk.

290973717_10161771814556124_4555171439797800353_n.jpg.de40d3c0c4a3343c91d7ad32a1fc129e.jpg

And then there are Rockets in Canada, and as Eyesa said, they appear very similar to US Smarties. They don't appear identical, in this picture (looks to be swirls of white running through the colored candy), but that might just be lighting.

Candyfunhouse_rockwts_63g-Side-jpg-1_700x.jpg.155ece7a15b8944c6aa88673e9e6f199.jpg

Pre-Covid, I'd fill my gun belt loops with Rockets (They fit .45 loops just right) and stick I bananas in my holsters for our Spring and fall Round ups at Church.

We'd have an outside picnic and BBQ in the Church garden. 

Our Priest in Charge gives me the nod, I'm dressed cowboy with the dinner triangle and a loud voice to "COME AND GET IT!."

She* and I wear Stetsons and lead the parishioners out for food and fellowship.

*We're Anglicans and we ordain female Priests.

5 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

*We're Anglicans and we ordain female Priests

This is a serious question, not a joke.

What do you call a female priest? Father? Mother?

I always refer to them as "Reverend".

Some have suggested we refer to our female incumbents as "Mother" but most of us find "Reverend" as the most suitable.

The Priests themselves, (this is our second at St. Aidan's) "Just call me Linda or our current, "Rosemarie", most of us find that disrespectful.

Both have been exemplary Priests.

26 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

most of us find that disrespectful.

I would think so also. I have known, personally, several preachers over the years.

Dr Daniel Whitsett was our preacher for a couple years, and then they transferred him. Then we moved to Tampa and then to Pensacola and he was the preacher of the church in Pensacola. Nice to see him again - he was a good preacher. And we always called him, while speaking to him, Dr Whitsett.  Talking about him among the family, we frequently called him Dr Dan, but it would have been disrespectful to call him that to his face.

On 6/28/2022 at 4:23 PM, DeaconKC said:

This is really frightening, Canada's Military is developing a new WMD:

Schermafbeelding 2022-06-28 152351.jpg

It get WORSE!

image.png.27f2702edcef73453ac450fdc788442e.png

On 6/29/2022 at 2:22 AM, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

at least you got the SMARTIES right ........   :wub:

Nope.  Smarties aren't chocolate.

Archived