SASS Wire Forum

Cimarron New Item

Just watched a "p-yew tube video" put out by Mike Harvey, president of Cimarron.

As soon as they can find a manufacturer, and have them built at a reasonable price, they are introducing a 

Model 97 world war 2 model trench shotgun...12 gauge...non-takedown...2 3/4" shells. 

I chose not to post the video here, since I prefer to look things up myself, but I presume someone will. 

Anyway....there ya go.

W.K. 

"As soon as they find a manufacturer, and have them built at a reasonable price..."

There's an announcment to keep you on the edge of your chair! Can a Merwin Hulbert revolver be far behind? No problem; as soon as we find a manufacturer who can make them at a reasonable price!

Well, it is interesting, I would love one of those. I just dug through the WB handbook, and it says "Winchester 1897 pump in 12 gauge, original or replicaCivilian or Military style.
The IAC ‘93/‘97 reproduction Winchester is also approved.

So, does this mean it would be legal for WB?

10 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Well, it is interesting, I would love one of those. I just dug through the WB handbook, and it says "Winchester 1897 pump in 12 gauge, original or replicaCivilian or Military style.
The IAC ‘93/‘97 reproduction Winchester is also approved.

So, does this mean it would be legal for WB?

Yes, a new Winchester 97 replica built to represent the trench gun with heat shield and bayonet lug would be ok for Wild Bunch.

Dont hold your breath we’re all still waiting on the new 87 clone.

As  of the moment a WWII model 12 trench gun would NOT be legal for WBAS.  The RO Committee is looking into the issue.  WAY out of the time period covered by WBAS..  As for another 1897 version it should be legal.

It is my understanding that while they did use trench guns and IN World War II, they were originally designed and issued for World War I.

That might still be outside the time frame allowed by wild bunch. Don't know. Since I don't shoot it, don't really care. But just because the gun was used in World War II does not make it a World War II gun. See Browning 1917 machine gun, Smith & Wesson and Colt 1917 revolver, and Springfield 1903 Rifle. All four of these guns were World War I guns, that were still used in World War II.

Archived