SASS Wire Forum

Downside of meme

Trigger Mike

I like to read a good meme but there is a downside.   I've noticed on facebook that some people share a meme with a political opinion in it and never take the time to give it proper thought or type out an original thought.  They just constantly share a meme and then if you reply with an actual thought they sometimes reply that they hadn't considered what you had to say.  Why don't people take the time to say something articulate about their views and not just blindly forward someone else's garbage?

28 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

... never take the time to give it proper thought or type out an original thought.  They just constantly share a meme and then if you reply with an actual thought they sometimes reply that they hadn't considered what you had to say.  Why don't people take the time to say something articulate about their views and not just blindly forward someone else's garbage?

They might get blasted for communicating in any form "not a meme." :P

Apologies for derailing the thread.

Having closely read the OP again, the questions are worth serious consideration.

I am having some thoughts on them, need to let those run a while before replying to the actual post.

In the mean time, I wish to return the thread to the OP.

6 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

I like to read a good meme but there is a downside.   I've noticed on facebook that some people share a meme with a political opinion in it and never take the time to give it proper thought or type out an original thought.  They just constantly share a meme and then if you reply with an actual thought they sometimes reply that they hadn't considered what you had to say.  Why don't people take the time to say something articulate about their views and not just blindly forward someone else's garbage?

....... who said they can "thought" ....?   :huh:

The meme thread is for fun. Everyone is welcome to post “pictures with words”.

Political memes can be funny or thought provoking but people are like parrots sometimes. They repeat what they hear (or see) without thought or discussion. More so today than any other time in history. Someday I fear historians will look back on this time and say “This was how an entire free society became subjugated by a nefarious minority bent on dictatorial control.”

I would like to think at some point society removes its head from it’s big giant arse. 

Archived