SASS Wire Forum

Uberti SASS Pro hammer

The Verdigris Kid

I have an Uberti SASS Pro .45 stainless with 4.75" barrel and lowered short stroked hammer.

The hammer is my problem. It has never worked correctly as it has that new fangled safety firing pin arrangement.

I want to replace it with a fixed firing pin hammer and trigger set. I see regular hammers listed for replacement but have been unable to find a stainless lowered short stroke one.

Can anyone point me to a source so I can get this up and running correctly?

Thanks.

20201014_163746.jpg

If I remember correctly,  some people were removing the "offending parts" and inserting a steel rod of the right diameter, and length, to keep the firing pin at the extended position at all times.

That is what I did. Took out the actuator rod and it’s return spring. Then took a piece of drill bit shank and cut to needed length. After that I changed to Rugers. They have parts to convert to the old style for standard stroke but not short stroke. I myself will never buy another Uberti revolver…

2 hours ago, Old Man Graybeard said:

That is what I did. Took out the actuator rod and it’s return spring. Then took a piece of drill bit shank and cut to needed length. After that I changed to Rugers. They have parts to convert to the old style for standard stroke but not short stroke. I myself will never buy another Uberti revolver…

Uberti has done more to boost Pietta revolver sales than any Pietta marketing could have ever done. 

5 hours ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

Uberti has done more to boost Pietta revolver sales than any Pietta marketing could have ever done. 

Wait a minute!

Pietta does marketing? 

:ph34r:

53 minutes ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

I’ve seen a few ads on Facebook not many. They bought EMF after US Grant passed away.

Yeah, EMF is just down the road from me. It's a quaint little operation that you wouldn't even know is there unless you look for it.

I put my name on a list for a pair of Alchemista II's, but I doubt I'll ever hear from them at the price I had it locked in at.

At this point I'm just waiting to find the one Ruger NMV I need for a matched pair.

Enough of the sidetrack. 

For the OP, have you tried contacting one of the 'smiths of our sport for options? What is the issue you are having?

Archived