SASS Wire Forum

Jim bean devils cut

Trigger Mike

1.  I don't drink.  I keep a bottle of whiskey around for when someone is sick with a cold and beer around for when my kidneys bother me.  

Having said that,  I am monitoring my diabetes as it has been High so I got the continuous monitor from freestyle.  Works great.  

My 12 year old son was sent home this week as someone in school has the virus.   My son does not have symptoms.   I, on the other hand have a sore throat, sneezing and sometimes a cough.  I doubt it is the virus.  We are scheduled to get tested tomorrow as the school said it had to be 5 days from contamination.   

Seeing I don't feel well I drank a shot of devils cut.  I checked my sugar beforehand and it was 171.  About 30 minutes later it is 136.  Maybe whiskey in moderation is good for diabetes.   My throat felt better for a little while.  May need more.

12 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

1.  I don't drink.  I keep a bottle of whiskey around for when someone is sick with a cold and beer around for when my kidneys bother me.  

Having said that,  I am monitoring my diabetes as it has been High so I got the continuous monitor from freestyle.  Works great.  

My 12 year old son was sent home this week as someone in school has the virus.   My son does not have symptoms.   I, on the other hand have a sore throat, sneezing and sometimes a cough.  I doubt it is the virus.  We are scheduled to get tested tomorrow as the school said it had to be 5 days from contamination.   

Seeing I don't feel well I drank a shot of devils cut.  I checked my sugar beforehand and it was 171.  About 30 minutes later it is 136.  Maybe whiskey in moderation is good for diabetes.   My throat felt better for a little while.  May need more.

My mom had diabetes and while she didn’t drink, her doctor told her stay away from any alcohol, it can cause low blood sugar or high depending on the type of alcohol. I wouldn’t touch it if I had diabetes!

2 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

checked my sugar beforehand and it was 171.  About 30 minutes later it is 136. 

About twenty years ago my wife mentioned that to our family doctor.  "You didn't hear this from me, but alcohol in small quantities can lower blood sugar, just make sure that it isn't a sweet cocktail or beer."

That was echoed by a couple of MDs at church.

When I was 17, I had taken my grandma to her doctor appt. I was sitting in the waiting room and the doctor came out and invited me back to his office where my grandma was sitting on the couch. The dr asked me how old I was and I told him. He said that was fine, I couldn’t get it for her, but I was to take her directly to a liquor store and make sure she bought a bottle of whiskey or brandy. I laughed and so did grandma. The doctor said he was serious and he would write out a prescription if I didn’t believe him. He told her to have a shot each night before she went to bed. She had high blood pressure, got horrible cramps at night, and wasn’t sleepin well. Doc said one shot wouldn’t get her drunk, but it was enough to relax her so she would sleep better. So we went to the liquor store and she got some blackberry brandy. Worked just like the doctor said it would.

kinda wish I had made the doctor write out the prescription.  :D

grandma loved telling the story about when the dr made her teenage grandson take her to buy booze. 

Howdy,

Small amounts can have some benefits.

The problem is that a lot of folks cant stop at one.

I have a friend who has a lifetime of control problems.

He once woke up in a different city than where he started drinking.

Not good.

Be sure to run this by your doc.

Best

CR

8 year old Bacardi rum here in Canada is smooooth.

Don't need mix.

Can you get it in the US yet??

21 hours ago, Solomon Kane 18264 said:

Jim Beam Vanilla is smooth going down. Just sayin’.

Had a little this evening. Just the thing for a sore throat.

Archived