SASS Wire Forum

Decibullz Ear plugs any good

Waco Jim

Anyone using the Decibullz Custom Molded Percussive Shooting Filters?  No batteries required so they must use some sort of mechanical valve to block gunshots.  Years ago there was a similar earplug on the market which used a mechanical valve.  I've forgotten the name of those but they didn't work very well for me.  At $75 bucks, these are not cheap but if they work it would be worth the price.  Anyone have any comments?

They are good but I was an idiot on how I stored them.   I had a little zip sort of pouch that I would put them in and then keep on my dash as I would other plugs I had in the past.  Did fine till the summer heat melted them and messed them and my little bag up.  If you are not an idiot as I was you will do fine.  I have gotten used to the yellow corded plugs Walmart sells and they are good enough for me if I shorten the cord so there is no problem when shouldering guns. 

I think the old mechanical ear plugs were call "Sonic"

When my last high dollar pair of custom ear plugs wore out I could not find anyone to make me a new pair, so I ordered some of these. THEY ARE GREAT! I like them more than the custom made plug I had been using. They are certainly more comfortable. They are easy to fit and if you don't leave them lying out in the sun they hold their shape just fine..... if you do, they are easy to redu.

Snakebite

I also use them and have had no problems, easy to fit, block more noise than foamies.  $25 on amazon.

Archived